1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Beretta 391 to cycle light loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoser, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoser

hoser Member

I've done lots of trigger and action work on the B 391, but I have a fellow shooter that needs his gun to cycle a very light load. He has 10-12 cases of the AA FeatherLight 24 gm loads, and his 391 shoots them fine and he really does well with them, but the gun won't eject them The bolt opens enough to clear the end of the spent shell, but not far enough to get the ejector plunger into play.

I see two ways to approach it: Increase the gas valve pressure to avoid venting any excess gas...but I don't think it's opening with those shells anyway.

2nd is to reduce the return spring pressure in the butt, but that probably would preclude him from shooting anything heavier than the lightest stuff.

Anyone with an idea?

Thanks.

Hosé R.

2. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Cole gunsmithing has a red/blue spring package for aroung $20. This will make sure the valve isn't opening. After cleaning/enlarging the barrel vent holes I would start clipping the stock spring. I also soak all my 303/390/391 parts in Slick50 for 24 hrs. Really seems to help the action.

3. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

Call Cole gunsmith 800 650 2653 ask for Jim, he has told me more about those guns than Betetta could think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.