1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting back to trap Highest out of 1oo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

How many people on here have not yet hit a hundred straight? How close did you come and what was your longest straight? Bulge

2. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

In September I shot my first 99 missed the 96th bird walking to post 1, my last post. I said to myself that I was surprised running a 100 straight was this easy. found out it was'nt Jim Henry

3. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

97 is my best since I start shooting trap in July 07. I shot a 25, 24, 25, 23 at my second registered shoot, so I'm still looking for my first 50 straight. I let my concentration slip on the second round, and then again when I got to the last round because it was looking like it would be my best round ever. I really enjoy this game and wish I had discovered it earlier in life. One of the best things is that my wife loves to shoot trap also. On the down side, she frequently beats me!!

4. starship

starship TS Member

Shot 63 straight, then dropped two of the next 37 for a 98/100.
    Best score ever. Been shooting trap since Sep 07 and plan to continue.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

I shot my first (and only so far) 100 back in July but I have had several 99s both before and after the straight. My first was a miss on #17 then 82 straight. All the rest have come on or after shot #95 when like Jim Henry I got to thinking how easy a 100 would be.

--- Chip King ---

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Got pissed off when I missed the 95th bird then missed two more

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Three years ago I broke 13 98 0r 99,s in a row

8. BMC

BMC Member

I was told last year by a friend who, in a loud, angry and cursing voice told me that I've hit every possible singles target presentation and if I can shoot a 98 or 99, there is absolutely no resaon why I can't shoot 100 straight. He was right. The next time I shot I repeated what he said over and over in my mind and consequently shot my first 100 straight. One target at a time, hate every one of them one at a time, and tell yourself you've hit this target before. Cheek welded to the stock and WANT that target. Your confidence will skyrocket. You'll miss most of the targets you are not prepared for or afraid to miss. You'll hit most if not all targets you mentally demand to get out of that house so you can kill it.

9. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

I have shot a bunch of 25's. Only 1 - 50 and 1 - 75 and 1 - 99. The 50, 75 & 99 were the same set of 100. Missed #89 -- haven't come close since.

10. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

4 24's was the closest. I did shoot 9 24's in a row. Thought it was cool to do that. Dave T.

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The more you worry about it the harder it will be. You start wondering where/when you are going to miss and then when it happens you relax and break the rest. To me the secret is to relax, have fun and shoot them one at a time, the only important target is the one you are shooting right now. Another problems is once you get your first 100 you then want your next one and the one after that but it's a great feeling to have.

Shoot often and have fun.

Don

12. trapshootingfran

trapshootingfran TS Member

Once I missed #100 at the NYS shoot, so I guess I'm saying my longest run was 99. thats bad.
    keep shooting: Fran

13. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Been 100 straight only once in ATA registered competition. 200 target singles event, actually I was up to 140 something straight before I missed one then went on to miss two more for 197 x 200.

John C. Saubak

14. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I have shot many 97, 98, & 99's.....never 100 straight in registered (several in practice). The worst feeling I had shooting was when I shot 3 back to back 99's at the Grand- I dropped the 98th target all 3 times......I got so frustrated, I packed up and went home.

My longest straight runs have been in the 190's......a few times.

Jim C

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I once had a 149/150 in practice. Before calling for my 100 bird, a friend drove up and yelled "how are you doing"...I'm not too bummed about that; if I couldn't handle that distraction, I wss not capable of running 100 straight at that time. It was with a Space Gun by Ljutic; the gun beat the doo-doo out of me anyway and I sold it. (Soft recoiling, but bit me in the cheekbone and was very hard to operate.) It was the second time I shot that gun. Wonderful concept, just didn't work for me.

Best in competition: 98 in singles, 96 in caps. I have a habit of breaking down on the last trap; usually by about the third post.

I have lots of 50 straights in league shoots, but that hardly counts..both in singles and in caps. That was years and years ago and then I stopped shooting for a long time. I need to turn up my tolerance for pain and for delaying gratification. But it's still lots of fun. If we always shot a 99 or 100, then what would be the point in returning? But I could always take up skeet...

16. labber

labber TS Member

shot a 98 in league comp.windy conditions,dropped my 89 and 100 bird using my benelli sport 2 , and have shot several 50 straight since

17. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

i once went 99 straight at the grand and missed the 100th target, the following year at the grand i got my 100 straight, which was great to finally have one at the grand but the bad part was i then went 98 straight on the second hundred missed 99 and hit 100 for a 199 in the event (which of course doesn't win a thing). since then i have gotten my 200 a couple of times. for those of you who haven't got the 100, just keep at it, and dont get discouraged, i think i shot 10 or 11 99's before finally getting that 100, and same for the 200, i shot alot of 199 before i got the 200. good luck to everyone, i am jealous of you all for still being in the game, maybe someday i will be able to afford it again!

18. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

one time i hit the first 95, then missed the rest, lol. what a meltdown. ps before anyone says i was sandbagging, it wasnt at a registered shoot.

19. 682LINY

682LINY Member

any 97's and 98's,,,first 99 at NC State shoot,,,backed it up with a 97 to win B class open,,,,second 99 a few months later at NY State East zone shoot,,,,and the next day at the LI 300,,,93,100,94,,,first and only 100 so far

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.