1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting an Android but which one?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 686beretta, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Thinking about finally getting an Android, opinions please? Which ones to avoid or which ones to look for. I am on the Verizon network

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy and am pretty satisfied with it. Best thing is I can speak text messages so my fat finger don't type what I don't want. Decent battery life as well.

3. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

I have the HTC Thunderbolt....love everything but the horrible battery life.

Scott

4. psfive

psfive Member

They are all smarter than we are. Paul in Nebraska.

5. scorpman

scorpman Member

"these are not the droids you are looking for"

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I have an HTC Evo from Sprint and I REALLY like it.

7. mtneer88

mtneer88 Member

Ditto last comment. I travel roughly 45 weeks per year and live with my cell phone. I have had many over the past six years but my HTC EVO 4G is by far and away the best phone that I have ever had. THe only beef that anyone can have is the battery life. When using email a ton on this phone it can burn the battery.

Overall this is the best phone that I have ever had by a mile. I have Sprint as a carrier and the unlimited data plan is nice. Sprint now has the Iphone but I am really addicted to the droid and used to the operating system.

The screen size is also great on this phone.

thanks
    Mike

8. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have an old Blackberry, which I love, but it is just about worn out. So, I looked at the Droid Pro, which I really liked. My daughter has a Droid 3, which she is very happy with. I think I have settled on the Blackberry 9930 which has the touch screen as well as the independent keyboard. Just my 2 cents.

JON

9. psfive

psfive Member

I like my iPhone. It is my first smartphone. I am still learning all the cool stuff. I am amazed at all the things it can do. Paul in Nebraska.

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I didn't know that Apple was making an android Iphone.

686, you should read all the reviews carefully before making a decision. If I was going with Verizon I'd probably buy the Galaxy Nexus. Since you are going to be stuck with it for 2 years, I suggest that you not buy a cheapo.

11. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

My experience HTC's love batteries. I now have Samsung Galexy and am pretty happy with it. New Galexy S2 is supposed to be even better. Son has an LG, which is good on battery, but I don't think its as good a phone as Samsung.

SW

12. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

The candidates for a Verizon phone will be......

1. Droid Razor
    2. Droid Bionic
    3. Droid 3

Motorola is still building the most reliable Android phones for Verizon (Samsung would be 2nd). You won't be disappointed with any of these........

13. ridgeway

ridgeway Member

I had the HTC Incredible and it was a pretty darn good phone. I used the extended battery along with rooting it so I can reflash the kernel and ROM. I could easily go days on a charge. I actually still have it. I now have a HTC Thunderbolt. I am using a cheap 1700mah battery and reflashed to aa custom ROM. I can get a day out of the phone wih this rom. I have a habit of charging my phone in before going to bed, so as long as I can get a day out of, I'm fine. With using 4g...I don't think any phone will hold a charge. With what I mean by using 4g is online surfing for hours and/or streaming a movie or something. Can't go wrong with an HTC, Motorola, or Samsung. I don't care for LG and stay away from the iPhone.

14. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

My vote is for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I tried a droid phone a few months ago and hated it, went back to my Blackberry Tour and lost money on the deal. Just got the new one and it seems to be user friendly. Other one always tried to outsmart me, and usually suceeded.

15. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I work as a field technician for T-Mobile so I am alittle biased on the provider, but I use both a samsung G2 and a Samsung Galaxy sII in my day to day testing of the network. Both are highly recommended...LarryB

16. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

That droid in the movie clip was Obamma taking orders from George Soros. Wild Bill

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

Why bother with a copy when you can buy the original.... Buy an IPhone you will be happier.

T

18. DeAdLy.90T

DeAdLy.90T Member

Galaxy Nexus or bust!

19. psfive

psfive Member

JOHN GALT

They don't. But just like you I AM entitled to express MY opinion here on any thread created.

Both of my kids have had android phones and both of them have had their share of problems. Why I don't have any idea. Abuse maybe however both have had phones just for no reason DIE, HTC, Samsung and Motorola. They have all kicked the bucket for no apparent reason.

Like TBaber said why buy a wannabe get the original IPhone.

Paul in Nebraska.

20. DeAdLy.90T

DeAdLy.90T Member

^Anybody that says android is wannabe has no clue... Again Galaxy Nexus or bust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.