1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** GETTING a NEW TRAPHOUSE & PAT TRAP! ***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapgeek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Yep, we are getting our 4th PAT Trap and a new house for it at the St. Joe County Conservation & Sportsman Club, in Sturgis MI. The existing traphouse 1 was too small to accomodate the new PAT Trap, so we knocked down the old one (been there about 40 years) and poured a new one. Should be ready for our next ATA Shoot on April 22. See pics below... (I'm SO excited... but then, if its trap-related, it doesn't take much to make me smile!)

[​IMG]

Still in the forms - poured walls and roof together.

[​IMG]

After it was uncovered. Taking measurements for the new stuff inside...

Machine should be ready week of April 16.

I'll keep ya posted on its progress.

Leslie

(Trapgeek)

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Nice job, enjoy.

3. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

[​IMG]

Getting the door and 'window' installed. And the power!

[​IMG]

Just have to backfill and get the machine inside.
    No more crawling into this traphouse!

Trapgeek

4. running bear

running bear Member

How are you going to keep the water out?

Buck

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Good to see a progressive club!

6. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Running Bear: We put a drain in the floor! We have another trap house (#3) that is this deep with no water issues. We do plan on sloping the ground away from the house also to avoid surface run-off and dirt collapse, but maybe not before our April 22 ATA shoot. The ground in this area is high so we don't have much of a water issue. In other work pending, we have some painting to do as well, once the concrete cures.

Trapgeek

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Did you tar the outside good below ground level before you backfilled?

8. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Yes we did tar it. You can kinda see it in the one pic with the 3 guys, on the left side. . Actually I did it and my back hurts to prove it too! Can't wait until the machine gets installed. .

9. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

That is really sharp! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Have FUN!!!

10. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

Hey Trapgeek my club is going to build a new house i think yours is great can you tell us the cost of the house i am trying to get a handle on this for our club also could you tell us the size of the new house,please keep the thread updated your club is doing a first class job. bob mctaggart

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

THAT is a serious traphouse! Would look great out here on the farm...then I'd have a place to practice without driving 60 miles. Can you give a cost for such a "fortress"?

Ron Burr

12. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Well the internal dimensions are 8' by 8' and its about 7'6" high, but above ground level it is within the required height per ATA (its around 2' 11" above the level from Post 3). This is because of the concrete guy's forms were that high. The cost he quoted us was $2000 (and that's what we paid), but the concrete guy (Ike Wright's Construction) slightly underestimated the cost; he said the next one would be $2400. He didn't lose money on it, but I don't think he made very much on it either. It was done in two pours; first the bottom slab, then the walls and roof together. The roof is sloped about 2" and really re-inforced with rebar. I think we will get a full pallet of targets in there for storage too. Like I said, we have another house similar in size and that's about how many targets we store in that one.

Work will continue on it this Saturday. I'll send updated pictures after this weekend. Hopefully we get it backfilled and the doors primed if not painted.

Trapgeek

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Precast - Myrtle Grove GC - Myrtle Beach SC....

FRedmon

14. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

That's pretty neat Freddy.

Trapgeek, Our houses are nowhere near as tall as yours and we can get 90 cases in them for our State Shoot. I would think you could almost get two pallets as tall as that is. Might make it tough on the kids getting the top cases down.

I do like the tall houses and walking in is also nice. I hear from the builders at our club, every hole but one had to be blasted. Lots of rock up here.

Rick in MT

15. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Well the machine is in! We picked it up Friday (April 13) and installed in on Sunday, April 15. We shot our first round of trap from in Sunday, with Larry York, me (Leslie York), and Matt Davis shooting. I gottem all on the round so the machine is workin' good!

See the machine below:

[​IMG]

That's Pete (Matt's Dad), and Matt, with Larry behind them. I was taking the picture.

This trap will be open for business on Sunday April 22 for our shoot. All 4 houses now have Pat Traps in them. Hope to see ya all there!

Trapgeek

(Leslie)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata precast 2 part trap house