1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Get yourself a cat - 2 found in Naperville

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

This happens every year. Cats move in under our shed, my wife feeds them, they move into the house, our allergies kick in, we get rid of cats.

Help me short circuit this. Cats are the latest thing. Tron has one.

We're put up signs at the exits to our subdivision, but no one has called.

We've reported them missing, but nothing yet.

The next step is to catch them and see if they've got one of those id things under the skin, but if we catch them, I've got a feeling they're going to be living with us from then on. I don't want that to happen because of our allergies.

1 small orange cat with a short tail.

1 grey cat. Regular size.

Respond here. Thanks.

Joe

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Watch the Animal Channel and the television and watch the SPCA shows and see how they catch them and when it gets a little warmer tomorrow morning go and catch them and take them for a drive in the country out a long deserted road and floosh out of the car they go and while your out take in a little trap shooting as well.

Problem solved.

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I said a drive in the country not to a farmers house. Maybe the would and maybe they wouldn't make it to a farmers house but a cat is just a domesticated wild animal and all that is being done is returning the beast to the wild.

Geez I could have said give them a little antifreeze dribbled kitty feed and be done with it.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Dear Mr Newbius, Kitty and I are just sitting here in my little den and I read your wild animal and the anti-freeze remark to him....he's pretty upset. He said that you are a &%^$ and go *&$# yourself. Maybe you should take that remark back and apologize??

Tron

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Tron please explain to your cat that some people like the little creatures and then there are those who like them as hood ornaments.

Personally I have nothing against cats when taken in moderation and I only have to deal with them when they are out of sight.

BTW your cat looks very intelligent. Where it is sitting you really cant kick it without taking a major risk of hitting the modem, router or tower with the follow threw of your kick. Pretty dang smart cat to figure that out and know exactly where to sit.

6. joe kuhn

I got relatives that live out in the country, so we're not dropping them off out there.

Neighbor with the coon problem has a have a heart trap. We'll be borrowing it soon.

7. hairy

hairy TS Member

My pup likes to play with my cats.

8. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Joe cruise on out along 30 there where Kane and Dekalb county meet and along about there between Hinckley and Big Rock take a right on County Line Rd for about a mile or so, you know when you get to the spot cause you will make a right in the road and then there will be a farm directly in front of you at a bend tot he left in the road and keep on going, no ya aint gonna hear no banjo pickin music or anything but when ya cross over a stream go a little farther north and let em go. in the woodsy area to the right side of the road.

Now go trap shooting and be done with it.

9. joe kuhn

Newbius - relatives of yours? Nah. Too far to drive although Mom lives out by Little Rock. You know the place, don't you?

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

For years every spring I get to take care of some persons cat or dog . Most often four or five pups . I feed them and get them water for about a week then if no one comes looking it,s time to do what must be done . I would like to thank the people that dump all the dogs and cats out here in the country . I love my dogs and would never be that cold to just dump them .

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Mr Newbius, kitty is really trying to say is "Tron get a new table for your keyboard and then I will type to you myself".

Jerbear <a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Captions/?action=view&current=captioner1669532.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

12. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Tron: Nice cat, reminds me of my late departed Gloria cat. "If you can't afford a Porsche or a 'vette, get a cat"...high performance, lovable, almost useless pets..sort of like a trapgun.

13. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Joe,

First off long time no see. When time permits I will be coming back out to the club. I have been crazy busy with traveling for work...In fact I will be going to Amsterdam in April.

Anyways, as far as the cat problem goes. I grew up in the country and we had to deal with people dropping the cats off. The worst thing was that they really damage the quail and rabbit population. Nothing a reallllll high powered pellet gun wont cure. I remember going on many a sniper missions on the reclaimed mine land when I was a kid. I am pretty sure that is called animal cruelty or something nowadays.

Long story short.....catch the stupid cats early in the morning before the wife awakes....take them down to the animal shelter...the will get rid of them the "humane" way.

Forrest

PS the only good cat is a dead cat....unless it is in the feed room in your barn!

14. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

For all the morons who have posted their FAR LESS-than-intelligent ideas on ways to rid the world of cats, I offer you my take on the subject :

Mess with my kittens and you will rue the day YOU were born !

End of story.

15. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

just drop-em off at the local chinese buffet,they will know exactly what to do with them. hell, they will probably give you 5 bucks off.

16. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Joe please do not drop the cats off at the F and R China buffet over here at Ogden and 59. I eat there from time to time. It is cheap enough...you don't need the 5 bucks off!

I think they get their cats from near the dumpsters behind the building anyways.

K80433SC,
    No one said they were going to harm your cats....unless you drop them off in the country...then they might need 9 lives.

Forrest

17. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I just dropped off out "Kitty" of ninre years. Why? He pissed in our bedroom because he was afraid to face the Lasa Apso Puppy we have. Guess what? I don't like the smell of cat piss in the morning. Soo.... off to the Animal shelter.. "Ohhhhhh..... Sorrrryyyyyy but we have a two month waiting list to drop off an owner owned animal and you will have to pay 60 bucks." Next stop the county... Guess what? They only take strays..... Lucky for me I called first so when I got to the County Animal shelter with my " Stray" I was more then willing to give them the 25 dollar required donation to drop a cat off. His charm will either get him a new home or the needle! I wished him luck and drove on home. 8 year old asks where the cat is? Well honey the cat was peeing in the house and we don't keep animals that pee in the house. Reality what a concept. Jeff

18. joe kuhn

Forrest. Good to hear from you. Amsterdam. Hey, you could visit the guy who makes our wads for steel shot. See if you can get him to go back to last year's price.

Jokers...I still have to deal with it. Have a heart trap is in the kitchen. Tomorrow my wife is home. Bet she traps 'em.

19. joe kuhn

Jeff - I hear you. And we don't keep animals we're allergic to. Another reality.

20. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Joe,

I don't think I could bring many wads back with me.....and unfortunately if he kept the price the same in Euros we are paying out the whazoo due to the value of the dollar. Our very modest hotel rooms are going to cost almost 160 a night in American dollars.

Forrest

PS 28 grains of longshot, red AA wad, fio primer, rem hull, and 1 3/8 oz of KY 9's should take care of those cats. I can not believe that you now have to pay a fee to drop something off at the animal shelter. Lord only knows how much it would cost to have one put to sleep at the vet. I guess we just had our own way of taking care of stuff growing up in the country....this big city life sure is different!

Who else has a recipe for Joe's problem?

OR....

Who wants the cats?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.