1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Get your steel shot ready for CA.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Maybe a sign of things to come......

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

BDT,

I'm with Jennifer Fearing -- we should remove lead from the environment. Including;

Car batteries, we need to hand crank them again!

Hospitals, No more protected XRay rooms, the whole neighborhood could glow!

Dental offices; Permanently glowing teeth? Wouldn't that be attractive? All the gang bangers won't need gold caps anymore.

And talk about birth defects caused by radiation, doesn't that make everyone feel SPECIAL?

And the list goes on---STUPID BROAD!!!

Chuck

P.S. I forgot she will have to get every Chemistry book and the Periodical Chart changed to suit, maybe she aint smart enough to figure out that lead is an element of the earth. LOLROF In my best P. Morgan imitation "stupid, stupid woman"

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I thought lead typically gets taken up in the bones, not the flesh/muscle... when was last time you fed your kids just bones... I typically de-bone my condor, and misc. vultures (scavengers) before I set it on the table - how about you?!

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

There are a lot more scary laws that are proposed by the state congress. I am fairly glad that most of them are too scared to lose re-election before they vote yes on this crap....fun stuff like license to buy ammo, limits of X rounds per household...no online purchases of gun related items...enough to give you nightmares.

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Poor guys---We already have steel shot only south of the parkway for about 10 yrs----Try to open a trap related field in N.J.----We are lucky to still shoot trap----Calif is way behind----SJB

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Blue,,,,,,,what was their reasoning for disallowing lead there????

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

They thought the ducks would injest the lead and no more ducks---I'v been duckhunting for yrs---We now have a shortage---Must be from the sea water---
    That will be banned nxt with Obama global warming---You figure----George

8. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

I said it before the Land of Fruits & Nuts. I will say most of you that are on this form are the better half from there. I was station there when, I was in the Marines many years ago, a nice place to visit but that's about I can take. I'm not a fan of crowded places. It's just Me.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I sold my house and business, packed up, and took my money to another state in 2002. Left California and never missed it. Strangely, I was born there when it was a great place to live. Yes, it's true, once upon a time California was a wonderful place to grow up (American Graffiti). Today, I wouldn't even go and visit. And everyone in my extended family as well as most of my old friends have moved to other states.

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Last night I had a conversation with a guy from MA and we were comparing notes... to Illinois... Illinois (outside Cook County) doesn't look so bad...

South of I80 and west of IL47 we could be IA or IN... just waiting on CCW...

Jay

11. warren

warren Member

It's really sad I'm with 410 I was born and raised in Calif. and it was really a wonderful state. Now I've packed up everything and moved next door to Nevada and am very happy. I still go there because I have a daughter living there in the Central Valley which is really suffering because the State gov't doesn't think that agriculture is important and cut off water because they want to save the snail darter and the blunt nosed leppard lizard. The unemployment rate there is like 20%.

warren

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Warren, I live in the Central Valley. You are spot on. The west side looks like a ghost town. The greenies in the Bay area (both on the state and federal level) think the ag business shouldn't exist. They are after the oil industry, too. I wonder what they plan to use for revenue? I can't wait to get out of here.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And yet they're trying to ban handgun bullets made from metals other than lead as armor piercing. Win-win for the anti-gunners.

14. cafowler

cafowler Member

1100Rem,

Where were you stationed in CA while in the Marines? My uncle always used that saying when I was a kid, "land of fruites & nuts". Unfortunately, the older I get the more I agree. No shortage of nut jobs in SF, I'd like to send them all back to the states they came here from.

Back on the subject of lead, the humane sociaty gal needs to learn where lead comes from... I always thought it was a naturually occuring element that came from the environment? What do I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.