1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Get ready to be locked out

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Hawkes, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you Roger. There are many of us with varying outdoor interests who are going to have a very difficult 4 to 8 years ahead of us. Shoot well and often while we can, Bob

2. Greg1966

Greg1966 TS Member

Roger

I'm also disabled, I have used the ADA route to open up walk in areas at NWR and state wildlife refuges, this has been on single areas, I would also like to know who or what to contact on a larger scale like NF.

It's a real joke to me when they lock up 100,000 acres and say you need to walk in to get access. YA RIGHT.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying Roger but the no motor access areas do offer some great hunting that exists only because of the way they are protected. I have been fortunate enough to hunt Elk in the Jarbidge Wilderness in Nevada and the Frank Church Wilderness in Idaho and I can't say enough about how great those experiences were. Given the low odds of me ever drawing another Nevada elk tag, I think of the Jarbidge hunt as a once in a lifetime deal but even if that weren't the case, I know that at some point I will no longer be able to physically do that kind of a hunt. But that's okay because I would rather be locked out than accept a bunch of roads and vehicles in these areas.

As far as motorized access to other public land, if limited to established roads it is okay. The problem is a lot of people have these go anywhere ATVs that they like to take off road and make their own trails with. Nothing more disheartening than having a group of four wheelers screaming up the hill when you are trying to enjoy a hunt.

So that is why these so called eviro-nazis have as much success as they do. A lot of people (including hunters) that use the land want limited access as a form of conservation because common sense doesn't seem to apply to the masses.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gentleman, Try contacting you congressman. They are a good starting point.

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

grunt,,why bother,,they're all crooks,,,just my opinion,,they do have such a good track record of helping the public,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.