1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Get Ready for 5 Dollar Gas

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by blade819, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I truly believe that Israel will bomb Iran's Nuke Facility, maybe soon. As you may remember back (I think) 1980 Israel flew across Saudi airspace to bomb Iraq's facility. Hopefully Israel will also take out the Tehran Palace along with the Nuke facility. With the tension building until this happens, is 5 dollar per gallon gas around the corner? I think so. opinions?

blade819

2. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

With this adiministration their will be 5.00 gas anyway. Iran is just the excuse to increase it. wild Bill

3. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It will not need to be 5.00,but,they will take the oportunity to stick it to us.

4. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

We don't get our gas from there. It is the money grabbers on wall street.

5. blade819

b12.hate to be the bearer of bad news, the administration has nothing to do with it.

blade819

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It will be an excuse, just like always. The day the bombing starts gas will go up a dollar. Even though the affects are not immediate. That in my opinion is the problem with oil/gas being sold on the open markets. Speculation drives the prices. That is why the price never comes down as much, or slower.

7. lboh

lboh Member

LMAO at blade.

So the fact permits are held up for wells/leases, new refineries (EPA), xl pipeline, etc... has nothing to do with the administration?

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Go rent the DVD "In Time" (just released), you'll understand then. ;-)

9. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

BS!!........... check out the link - in his own words! If it's bad for America, then it's fine with Obumma......

“No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.” Henry Louis Mencken

Henry obviously knows a lot of Zero voters.

Kip

10. 8708

8708 Member

Any questions?

11. blade819

Iboh.... LMAO at you. What you claim has nothing to do with speculators driving up the price of crude oil. Besides, check out the percentage of open leases that are actully being used for oil drilling/pumping today. I understand your zeal to blame the President. Try again. Stly Flyn hit the nail on the head. The problem... once again is Wall Street!

blade819

12. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

ON THE ADVISE OF A WISE MAN I BOUGHT A LARGE AMOUNT OF OIL CO STOCK YEARS AGO.

GAS GOES UP, I LOOSE MONEY AT THE PUMP BUT MY INVESTMENT GOES UP

GAS GOES DOWN, I WIN AT PUMP AND LOOSE ON INVESTMENT.

EITHER WAY I NEITHER WIN NOR LOOSE! MY PERSONAL GASOLINE HEDGE FUND.

13. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

About 10 yrs ago I bought a 1000 gallon diesel tank, it's paid for itself many many times by being able to buy when it bottoms out, right before a big raise, Katrina was one of the best ones made about $1200 in one shot

Only missed one time

14. blade819

Lugnutz... a few years ago my stockbroker wife got tired of me bitching about gas prices so we put my 401k into Exxon Mobil. I'm afraid that's about all us commoners can do. Unfortunately unless I find employment by the end of summer, I'll have to start tapping into it. Hopefully those dividends have piled up.

blade819

15. rustygun

rustygun Member

I'm pretty sure Obama doesn't want 5.00 per gallon gas before the election. That's why they've sent Panetta and others to try to convince the Israelis to hold off.

I don't think that Israel is to keen on Obama, maybe they will try to influence the election by bombing Iran and watching the gas prices rise.

Israel will always do what they feel is in their best interest regardless of what the rest of the world may think. I wish the USA had that kind of attitude.

16. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

NJ has some of the cheapest gas in the country and prices have climbed to nearly 3.30 per gallon (way up in just the last two/three weeks). Even if nothing happens (no shooting), I suspect the price will be over 4 bucks before Memorial Day.

17. slotracer577

slotracer577 TS Member

Just be glad you are not buying diesel. its around $3.70 right now, with a $.80/gallon premium over RUG. Glad I get 45mpg, would be really painful if I didnt. I lived through $5+ 2 years ago, will be able to do it again.

18. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

NJ gas price looks cheap because there is no gas tax at the pump. HMB

19. torqueman

torqueman Member

yeh not going to change much till after the election they are already saying that things are getting better .

20. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Any excuse will do!!! We just got it stuck to us in Indiana yesterday and today just because of the Super Bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.