1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Get an inch; Want a Mile,,,,New gun ban list

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

To all who said they would ONLY want the "assault weapons",,,,,,,Let us know how crow tastes.....

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

So you think this summary, is the final bill that will pass the House and Senate, then the President will sign? Have you seen the actual bill proposed?

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

SF that to me is the point where is the list of proposed firearms that are included in the

"Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of: 120 specifically-named firearms;"

The list that everyone should be able to read to view the 120 firearms. I for one don't wish to wait until congress goes through the list I want to know what the hypocrite has listed. Not what congress waters it down to.

To answer your question no I haven't seen the actual bill that will go to congress. I can't even see a list of what guns are in it. Guns I might already own by the way.

Bob Lawless

4. bigdogtx

you should learn how our legislative process works. This is a summary of the legislation frankenstein will introduce in January. You really should work on your comprehension skills as well as your spelling.

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Like Obamacare, those two dykes will say, "Pass it now, we'll read it later".

6. bigdogtx

Bob, She doesn't even list it on her website.

7. Stl Flyn

Since you say I am wrong, why don't you tell me how it works?

Show me the "New" Gun Ban List proposed in this bill, and tell me this is the final step in the process? Done deal!

Show me the bill, then at least you, and I can comprehend what it is! Right now your comprehension means nothing! "Get an inch; Want a Mile,,,,New gun ban list"

8. ivanhoe

SF since I am the only one to address you directly I assume you are now addressing me.

So show me where I said you are wrong???? I never say that in a matter of opinions.

Try the website above see all the things that are in her proposal. You will please note that the first bit of information says.

"Stay informed

In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices.

To receive updates on this legislation, click here."

If you click on the word here it will take you to a page that has a form on it that almost requires your life history to get the update. Even though you get no gun list in all of this BS.

It is also interesting to note that one of the things listed on the page speaks of banning certain things. These things aren't just on the so called assault weapons.

"Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans."

Now I don't know about you SF but I see a lot of thumbhole stocks on the trap range. As a matter of fact Browning offers (or did) a BT100 single barrel trap with a thumbhole stock. Must be another one of those deadly assault weapons for sure.

I didn't say you were wrong but I will say maybe you should remain quite and see what some here already know will happen.

BTW there is no way of knowing what other firearms are on that list. Maybe some 1100s or some Beretta semiautos well its anyone guess the way it stands right now without list of proposed firearms to be banned.

Bob Lawless

9. Stl Flyn

That was not directed toward you Bob, sorry. It was in response to bigdogtx's post and thread.

The best way to be informed, is with facts! Show me the bill!

What is known is Feinstein has absolutely nothing to lose. She has held these anti-gun positions since the beginning of time. She still keeps her seat. In order for these changes she is proposing to become law, she needs others to put their neck on the line, correct? What do you really think the chances are of this happening so that every single "Ban" she proposes will become law?

10. bigdogtx

SF,,,,,,let me type this real slow,,,,,she has not submitted the "bill" yet,,,,,,she is waiting for the next congress to convene,,,,,,,so you just keep denying and holding on to your liberal talking points,,,,,maybe you missed this part from her website,,,,,,"Following is a full summary of the 2013 legislation",,,,,it is STILL 2012,,,,,,

This is from HER website:

" A summary of key provisions in the updated bill:

Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;

exempting more than 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting and sporting purposes; and

exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.

Did you miss the part about the grandfathering of weapons???? How do you prove you have a "grandfathered" weapon?? Think about it,,,,,,you would have to PROVE somehow you have a "grandfathered" weapon,,,,,,,like a 391 shotgun used for trap shooting maybe????? Guess you would need to provide the serial number to them,,,,,ya think?????

Here is her website post of just what I am talking about. If you can't see through the double speak,,,,,just put your head back into the sand.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=28d0c499-28ec-42a7-902d-ebf318d46d02

11. bigbadbobby

bigbadbobby TS Member

All you have to fear is fear itself! Unnecessary fear is what makes gun sales and prices go up. Gun manufacturers love it because they make big profits from it.. The NRA loves it as well because it swells their membership. They both encourage this fear. You spread it like wildfire and they laugh at you all the way to the bank.

12. Stl Flyn

BDTX,

So no bill! Just an interpretation, of a summary, of a future for sure proposed bill. It is all speculation as to what will become law!

You said, "you should learn how our legislative process works." I said, "Since you say I am wrong, why don't you tell me how it works?" NO EXPLANATION!

Where is the "New Gun Ban List" you talk of? If that is proposed why is that not available? Show us the list!

13. bigdogtx

Stl,,,,,here's how it works:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tyeJ55o3El0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

"Have you seen the actual bill proposed? "

"We have to pass the bill in order to find out what's in it."

~ Nancy Pelosi

15. Stl Flyn

BDTX,

Just as I thought, you had no clue.

16. ivanhoe

"Just as I thought, you had no clue."

Well SF I don't remember you telling any of us how the process works. Yet I do remember you asking how it works.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.