1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

German Pistol

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powderburn, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi All,
    My neighbor brought a pistol over last night that he thought was a Luger. I didnt have way to take a pic last night, so I'm hoping a description will spark some knowledge out there in shooter-cyber land. This is a 9mm auto. It is what looks like to me a 1911 "look" pistol. It is not a Luger, I know that. On the slide are these words:
    F.B. Radom Vis. Mod. 35 Pat. Nr. 15567. on the same line as these words is the eagle with wings spread holding the swastika emblem.

On the slide and also on the frame there is a design that resembles the eagle spreding wings (but isnt) with a 77 under the design. Could this be an inspection stamp?

The grips are black plastic. on one side there is an FB on the other a VIS

the hammer is a donut style with knurling. The pistol is all blued, no parkerizing. He said his grampa sent it home from Europe during WWII. I think it is a copy of our 1911 made in some wartime factory in Europe somewhere probably by slave workers put to work for the Nazi war effort. It is in really nice shape and seems to be well built and not shoddy like some stuff was from that time.

Any guesses? I may be able to do a pic of it and post, but wasnt able to last night.

Serial number starts with a T, then 4 digits after that.
    Thought one of you might have one of these, and might know some history.

Thanks! -powderburn

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

[​IMG]

Polish "Radom", Pistolet ViS wz. 35

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

And he better of gotten it very cheaply

Probably not if he thought it was a luger

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. FIB

FIB Member

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong. The Radom 35 was invented in 1935 in Poland. They were a very well made pistol and from what reports I've heard very dependable. When Germany invaded Poland they took control of all armament mfgr's. They realized how good of a pistol this was and Germany was always behind in pistol production. They "oversaw" the production of this pistol for the German Army (hence the inspection marks/approval marks). Initially fit and finish was very good but as the war progressed it went down hill. I beleive the Germans also made some mfgr cuts to save time/machining. They did the same thing when they invaded Belgium taking over the FN factory and the CZ plant in the Czech Republic. The SS favored the Browning High Power (GP 35). I know a few people that collect the Radom 35's. The value all depends on when it was made and condition. PM me if you want more info. Regards, Randy Price

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Randy Price- I think you are right on most things- including there are some individual collectors items

I am not sure they realized how good the pistol was- but they did need capacity

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.