1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

German competitor to PFS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mx2k33, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Seems well engineered. Looks like a serious competitor to PFS. Has anyone tried this?

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Does not appear to have any recoil reducing divice installed in it. It does have a nice pistol grip that low gun shooters really like, It locks there hand into the gun to allow the forward,up,and backward motion needed to bring gun up quickly. At least that is what has been shown to me by low gun shooters around here. Break-em all. Jeff

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Here's what I just got from one of their distributors in Australia, Hermanns Sporting Guns. Prices are as follows: For K-80 Trap Special not the Pro-rib.

Ergosign stock complete with Kickease decelerator Aus $ 2999,-.
    Raiser block for 2" higher comb Aus $ 200,-.
    Balancer Aus $199,-.
    Freight to you including insurance packaging customs declarations Aus $199,-.
    All prices quoted are in Australian dollars we do not accept US dollars for payment.

Payment options: Direct bank transfer into our account in Australian dollars or call us or fax through your credit card details we take Master Card and Visa Card.

Dave T.

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Dealer in the United States

MacTec Enterprises

PO Box 1145
    Jenkins, KY 41537 USA
    Tel: +1 (606) 536-4429
    Fax: +1 (606) 536-4429

E-Mail: mactec@windstream.net
    Web: http://mactec-militaryarms.com

5. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Definitely within the cost of a custom made stock.

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

It was my understanding that the dealer in the USA doesn't carry this line of K&N. I've tried them numerous times with no return phone call or email. Dave T.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

It does look like a nice adjustable stock, but if it lacks a recoil reduction system I would not consider it as a competitor to PFS.

Pat Ireland

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I agree with you Pat. Something the Germans overlooked? Or it a pistol grip maker trying to make a shotgun stock. I'm very interested in seeing how the pistol grip would feel shooting trap. I also think it's a "pretty'er" looking stock than the PFS's Pogo stick. Very tempted to buy it. Dave T.

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I agree with Pat. For that kind of money, one can have Phil Sims build a Pro-Soft custom stock that is fitted to your dimensions and has recoil reduction to boot! That's the best recoil reducing stock I've ever shot! It doesn't torque away from your face as other models do and it works great at taming those handicap loads!

Hap

10. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Pics are all at weird angles. Show us your product!

11. Lance S

Lance S TS Member

problem is the price. Product looks great, beautiful really compared to a PFS. But who wants to blow close to $3,000.00 when you can have one made specifically for you that is all wood. A great tool for fitting people but unless your changing stock dimensions around, which most are not, it just seems too expensive for what you get.

12. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Not sure the Germans overlooked recoil reduction. It might be that this is designed more for the international market that shoots primarily 24 gram loads in competition so recoil reducers aren't as popular.

13. joe kuhn

Fancy flanges around the thumb. The only one that's important is the one between your thumb and your shoulder. That's the one you pull against when you mount your gun to shoot. The rest is feel cosmetic. Some P-guns have a very defined front to the comb. I believe this gives the shooter something to pull against when mounting the gun in the shoulder.

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Joe, Those type of grips are real common now for low gun shooters, shooting Bunker,sporting,skeet, or any game where you must hold low gun (international). It gives you more control for better and more consistant gun mounts from the low postion. That is what has been told to me by alot of the better low gun shooters around my club. I've seen there custom made wood stocks, and was allowed to try a few stations with one. Even though the stocks were not my exact fit (close), I can now see why they like them. Try it you'll like it (Mikee). This is not a trap stock, well maybe bunker. Break-em all. Jeff

Mark, I never gave these stocks a second thought until I saw this Euro design stock. I tried my friends International Skeet gun with this type of stock on it. He said it was the latest thing going and this was 9 months ago or so. He likes them on low gun type shoots. Not all Sporting clay shoots require a low gun mount. Most of the sporting around here is all high gun type. Now International type is different. It might just be a fad as well. Like the new high ribs on Skeet and Sporting Clays guns that are starting up as well. To each there own I guess. Whatever works for you. Break-em all. Jeff

15. dverna

dverna Active Member

Joe,

You likely have not shot competitive pistol. The "flange" (shelf) on the bottom of the grip forces the hand into a "locked" position when you grip the stock. The hand expands as you grip giving a solid feel.

I have never seen it on a shotgun stock. It should work well on hot days when we sweat, or in the rain, when our hands want to slide all over the place.

It will also help give a consistent grip on every shot - something you are attempting to do with finger ridges on your pistol grip stock.

Don Verna

16. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Down at the just completed U.S. Open Sporting Clays/FITASC championship I didn’t see anyone using a pistol grip anywhere close to that design. I can’t speak on Olympic Bunker, but it sure as heck isn’t used by the top guns in Sporting. They use conventional Sporting stocks just like the top guns in Trap generally use conventional Trap stocks. IMO…most of this kind of stuff is used by us amateurs.

17. laura!

laura! Member

It may be prettier than a PFS, but it aint pretty enough for the price!

On their site, if you click on the "follow the link" buttons, you get better angled pictures

18. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

European shooters are going to that new grip in a big way for trap and skeet. I also just watched the double trap final on the ISSF sight from Italy and they almost all were shooting very high rib guns for double trap. The regular trap guys all shot flat rib guns except one shooter but several had the newer style pistol grip including the Olympic gold medal winner.

19. joe kuhn

Thanks for the explanations about the flanges. I reserve the right to be wrong several times each day. Hah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pfs stock shotgun german