1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

German Bayonet from WW II

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JJJ, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

While going through some old items, I found a WW II German bayonet my Uncle brought home from the war to end all wars. On one side of the metal sheath is Gebrheller 1939 the other side has 844 with a smaller 9 under it. Does anyone have any information about this bayonet?
    Joe Jordan

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

http://www.collect-militaria.com/index/listings/page2060.htm

3. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Assuming your bayonet is the blued steel sheath model the name Gebrheller is the name of manufacture or distributor. 1939 should be the date of manufacture. Periodically manufacturers trademarks are found on the reverse of the ricasso, but this mark was normally reserved for bayonets designated for export. The 844 is serial number.

I collected Nazi edged weapons for close to 30 years and put together a premier collection of daggers. I can tell you this the amount of variations in markings and trademarks and you name it are endless and as a result collectors will always be on the hunt for new items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.