1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

German answer to the PFS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DTrykow, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Check this new piece of German Engineering. Just came out this month. I emailed them for a price. Gotta be big money. They are a very highend pistol grip maker. Most European competition guns have Nill Grips on them. http://www.nill-grips.com/Shotgun-Stocks_119.html Dave T.

2. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

That thing looks like it will shoot. It also looks like it costs more than most shotguns.

BK

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Looks good.

Hauxfan!

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

sure is better looking than a pfs but same concept

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Boy, that's for me! Why it even mentions "if a shooter has a very pronounced thorax." That's a little roundabout even for a German, but I think we all understand what he's getting at.

Neil

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Like most German products, it will probably require peiodic maintainance at a dealer.....at $500 a pop!!

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hey Neil; How do you think their pistol grip "postively effects recoil"? Quote: (Thanks to this ergonomic moulding, the light palm swell, finger grooves and a shaped horn for the back of the hand the hand always holds the same position, which positively effects recoil characteristics and leaves the trigger finger always in the same position relative to the trigger). Does that benefit the second shot in doubles? Dave T.

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Sent them an email as well to see if they have any plans on offering a left hand configuration, since this will be available for a couple guns that the PFS is not (namely the DT10 and Blaser F3).

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but there doesn't appear to be any recoil reducing characteristics to this stock...

9. wbill

wbill Member

It says nothing about being a recoil reducer like the PFS. Only a modular adjustable stock

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Doesn't matter if it is better than a PFS...If it costs $5000 to put it on your gun, they're going to have a very limited customer base. My 2 cents... Josh

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

wbill, if you look at it, you can see the built in reducer in the stock. Much like a PFS, but still quite different.

Hauxfan!

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

skeet_man: Add does say Left hand will be available. I'm a lefty as well.
    Dave T.

13. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I don't think it has a recoil reducer in it, my understanding is that Europeans don't go for our spring and hydraulic type stocks anyway. If it does move back that saddle horn lol might be rough on your thumb or nose. It does look cool and Nill makes some good handgun grips.

14. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Yep, +1 on the thumbremovernozeknocker. Anyone ever shoot a Rem 870 3 1/2" Turkey Special with a thumb hole stock? It's just a little under two years since I touched off a 3 1/2 incher in mine, and my right thumb joint is still sore. The stock is for sale and in the box if anyone's interested in it, at a good price.

I'll pass, thanks.....mike

15. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

The ultimate try stock?

16. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

It is a good looking stock but I wonder about some of the adjustment ranges that are available. The butt plate (butt plate - not a recoil pad?). Drop at the heel adjustment is great but the cast adjustment is very limited. There also seems to be no cast at the toe adjustment possible.

LOP adjustment should be very adequate for many shooters as far as LOP goes.

The range of drop at the comb adjustment seems less than ideal, less than 1/4" in both cast and drop from the "normal" or "neutral" position.

Further, I wonder where the end of my thumb (large hands) would end up. What is the purpose of the ramp forward of the hand. It's too far from the nose to stop a dripping nose. What am I missing here?

Great 'looking' stock, though.

Rollin

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Just don't mess with my thorax. It took years to get fully developed.

HM

18. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

LMAO HM, I have a lot of money invested in mine too.

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I like the pistol grip. Also notice it is a lot closer grip to trigger than most factory shot guns. Which I feel is always a bit on the long side

20. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Some more info if anyone can read german:

http://www.ergosign.com/index.php?id_navigation=8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.