1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gerber stands behind Zumbo......screw gerber

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PITA ; please move East, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PITA ; please move East

PITA ; please move East TS Member

Below is an email I sent to gerber and their response to me and my reponse back to them. If you all would please pass this on to the other sites you are on so we can keep the pressure on gerber to do the right thing!!

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 10:31 AM
    To: Sales
    Subject: Jim Zumbo

To Whom it may concern:

I am just letting you know that I and countless others are through with anything to do with your company until a press release stating that you are in fact severing all ties with Jim Zumbo!!!!!!!!! The man is a disgrace to gun owners every where and a disgrace to your fine company!!

Sincerely,
    David XXXX

----- Original Message -----
    To: Dave xxxx
    Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 1:09 PM
    Subject: RE: Jim Zumbo

Following Jim Zumbo’s recent comments, those of us at Gerber would like to clarify that we respect the opinion of our sponsored hunters and users however, we do not necessarily agree with all their opinions, nor do we endorse their public statements. Our presence and development in the tactical and hunting markets is proof-positive we are committed to supporting these industries and all those involved.

Since Jim’s blog was published he has issued this apology: http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/i_was_wrong_big.html.

Thanks for supporting our rights and for supporting Gerber Legendary Blades.

Jason Kintzler

Senior Communications Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That was NOT an apology!! It was some really lame excuses to try and save his butt!! PERIOD!!!! Thank you for letting me and thousands of others know that you will continue to support this 2nd amendment traitor. I do mean THOUSANDS as your reply will be plastered all over every hunting and gun web site that I know of!!!!!!!!!!

2. ChairborneRanger

ChairborneRanger Member

Well, that's probably to be expected-----Gerber isn't an American company----they are owned by Fiskar's out of Finland.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    No more Gerber for me.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I am sure that geber is sweating just thinking about the gun owners not supporting them. Lets see.... Everybody in the world needs edged tools. Gerber sells them at a fair price. I suspect that Gerber will make it through until the next quarter with or without the hunters who do or don't agree with Zumbo. Jeff

5. Brian in Oregon

So what? It's the principle of the thing.

6. rich A

rich A TS Member

Well it is quite apperant that Gerber values their relations with Zumbo more than they value their relationship with their customers who are also known as hunter fishermam and oudoormen. Let Gerber be judged by the friends they keep. Dick

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do have a question for SuperX Jeff.....is there anything that you would have the intestinal fortitude to fight for rather than capitulating?

Buz

8. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Hey Jeff...let's call up Jaqua's and put a buncha Gerber knives on HOLD, lol...we'll put their asses outa business.

9. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Is it true Zumbo stayed in a Holiday Inn once?

10. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Let them who is without sin cast the first stone. This guy has done more to promote hunting in his life than all of you hoorahs put together. I suppose none of you has ever done or said anything you later regretted. Get a life, grow up. Try to act your age. Try not to over react to everything will you.

11. Brian in Oregon

Oooooh broooother. Lot's of 24's, quote: "Let them who is without sin cast the first stone. This guy has done more to promote hunting in his life than all of you hoorahs put together. I suppose none of you has ever done or said anything you later regretted. Get a life, grow up. Try to act your age. Try not to over react to everything will you."<br>
    <br>
    It's quite apparent you simply do not understand the level of damage this assclown has brought upon gunowners. Sarah Brady and tribe instantly saw Zumbos' spew as playing right into their hands, and have already run with it. And there is a more than reasonable expectation that his words will be used in the upcoming "renewal" of the 1994 AWB (actually it both renews and adds in even more draconian bans).<br>
    <br>
    One thing is for sure. A lot of gunowners are damn well completely fed up with the lack of support and the backstabbing by Fudds. Zumbo has become the poster boy for Fuddism. He has galvanized the gun community as a whole on an impressive scale.<br>
    <br>
    As for your comments about needing to "get a life" and "act your age", that advice really should be applied to the Fudds who are undermining the gun community. In fact, it almost sounds like a Fudd whining. I hope not.

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

alfermann66, The statement I made is truthful and althouigh I do not own any Gerber products( I have in the past) having intestinal fortitude to reply to a web site and say something everybody agrees with? Tell you what... Go get your Gerber knifes and cut them up into chunks. Everybody who is not going to boycott Gerber should put their money where there mouths are and post the pictures of the destroyed Gerber products. Using the products after this is supporting the company. I suppose if I needed to feel accepted I would fall in lock step and agree with everything that is said. I won't be buying any Gerber stuff but then again I wasn't going to buy any in the first place. I guess it will be easy for me to Boycott what I wasn't going to purchase in the first place. Thank God Remington severed their ties with Zumbo as I can't live without STS ammo and Remington 1100 guns and parts. That would have been a hard boycott to live with. Jeff

13. Brian in Oregon

So Sammie, you don't think assault rifles belong in the woods. I assume you know what you are talking about, so you don't want select-fire military firearms that fire an intermediate cartridge in the woods, correct? Or are you just another ignorant Zumbo?<br>
    <br>
    And, since you are referring to boycotting hats, jackets, gloves and boots, are you citing a particular SPONSER of Zumbo? Or is this just assinine whiney liberal hysteria on your part (again)?<br>
    <br>
    BTW, a friend of my wife was awarded a large chunk of money for damages from the Exxon Valdez incident, as her commercial fishing was negatively impacted. She has yet to collect, and Exxon is stalling, because they hope by attrition that those awarded the money will die off. Her husband has already passed away. And the judgement cannot be inherited, so it cannot be passed on to her kids. And no, I don't patronize Exxon.

14. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Looks like he just got dumped.

Statement from Outdoor Life
    Due to the controversy surrounding Jim Zumbo’s recent postings, Outdoor Life has decided to discontinue the “Hunting With Zumbo” blog for the time being. Outdoor Life has always been, and will always be, a steadfast supporter of our Second Amendment rights, which do not make distinctions based on the looks of the firearms we choose to own, shoot and take hunting. Please direct any comments you have to OLletters@time4.com.

15. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Sammie, You own a firearm AND DON'T KNOW WHO SARAH BRADY IS????? Cmon, you have to be trolling right? You can't be that naive or stupid. Tell us you were just pulling our chains with that drivel.

If he wasn't trolling, this one of the problems. That is what sarah and the bunch count on.

AJ100

16. PITA ; please move East

PITA ; please move East TS Member

Sammie= gun grabber who has infiltrated the site to spew his anti-gun crap!!!

17. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

In the 18 years since the Exxon Valdez oil spill, I've not knowingly bought a gallon of Exxon oil. Not a big deal, but like Brian, it's what I can do. Outdoor Life & Remington & even Gerber understand this, and maybe Gerber will come around, if their bean-counters sense meaningful sales numbers. I'd doubt that many European company execs understand the depth of feeling that non-liberal Americans have for liberty and freedoms. Maybe this'll help them learn. Phil E

18. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Does anyone think that Remington and Mossy Oak Brand Camo have ended all sponsorship ties with Zumbo for no good reason? I agree with you Brian, my next knife purchase will not be a Gerber. This Zumbo has been compared by many to Benedict Arnold.

19. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Where is the company statement that Mossy Oak has severed ties with Zumbo? I looked on their site earlier and didn't see anything about Zumbo....

Jim C

20. smartass

smartass TS Member

I'll never again buy any Gerber baby food and I'm going to throw away all I currntly have in stock. Let it never be said that I didn't do my part. Baby Anonymous can just starve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gerber yari ii tanto for sale