1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BAP, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAP

BAP TS Member

Just wanted to thank the Georgia State Trapshooting Assoc. and South River Gun Club for an excellent State shoot this past week. The birds we very good and everything ran very smoothly. By my menory the first time in 30 years it didn't rain on us. The bar-b-que dinner was excellent ( Dave Adams) and the GATA did everything in their power tro make it run as smooth as possible. Congratulations to John Voliva for winning the Singles with a 199.
    Bill Parson Jr.

2. Damifino

Damifino Member

We had a great time also - Thanks to all who put so much work into the weekend for all of us to enjoy.

Bill, I think you're up next month. We look forward to see you and all our friends @ Dixie Trap.

Tom Boyer (Emanuel's dad)

3. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Ditto what Bill said.... My first time at the Georgia State Shoot and had a great time... will definitely be back if the schedule allows it... congrats back to Bill for some fantastic shooting 98 on Friday's handicap and winning NR HOA... by ONE target! :)

John

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill,
    John shot a solid program all the way through and won the non resident singles with a 199. Strong shootin' John. My hero Ray Grimes shot the lone 200 on saturday and took the in-state title. Ray also took the HAA.(Now known as Triple A Ray)

Thanks to all for the kind words and praise. There were many that contributed to the success of our shoot. Boone Butler has done a superb job as President of the GATA over the last 7 years and much of our success is due in large part to his influence. Mike and Betsy Reed worked tirelessly throughout the entire shoot as well. I would have never figured we'd be able to dodge the rain bullett this year with all the bad weather around us on saturday and sunday. (relates to the blind squirrel and nut theory, lucky I guess) The best part of it all is seeing your friends and competitors and having that time together. Thanks to all for being a part of it. Remember: These are the good old days....right now.

Hope to see all of you at SC.

Dave

5. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Please add me to the long list of those who really enjoyed the GA State Shoot. I had a wonderful time...beautiful club, excellent targets, fine people, and awesome food...it doesn't get any better than that. Fantastic job!

bluedsteel

6. THALL

THALL Member

As always, another great shoot, well run & great fellowship. Impressive increase in turnout. Hope some of that increase will make it over to the Alabama shoot. Tim Hall

7. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

The entire Georgia crew did an excellent job, even Homer. Please Georgia send us some of your good weather to South Carolina next week. Remember the free fish meal.

See you in SC, Jim

8. JD45

JD45 Member

Another thanks to everyone at the GA state. They put on a great shoot, and had a huge crowd this year. Great food, and thankfully dry weather! Congrats to all of the winners!

Hope to see everyone in South Carolina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2015 georgia state trapshoot

georgia state shoot

georgia state trap shoot