1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BAP, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAP

BAP TS Member

I would like to take this opportunity to congradulate The Georgia State Trapshooting Association for a well run state shoot. The targets and food were fantastic. The entire staff of the shoot as well as the South River Gun club should be commended for their hard work and effort. Bill Parson Jr.

2. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

I second Bill on the Geogria State Shoot. Alway's a great shoot with great people. Hope to see y'all at the Alabama State Shoot. Jeff Ryals

3. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

No questions, great shoot, great people and decent weather. See you at South Carolina starting May 15.

4. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

It was a really well-done shoot. I also enjoyed meeting some of the vendors. Engraver Bill Mains, Gary Stevens (made banana and peanut sandwiches) of Leatherdog and Aaron of Country Gentlemen especially.

Aaron put an adjustable buttplate on my Beretta 687 Gold EL. Gave me a fitting and a very good lesson in the trap shooting practice area.

5. Damifino

Damifino Member

We had a great time! We'll definitely be back next year.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Would like to thank you all for the kind words on behalf of the GATA board. Most of you posting here know how much work goes into a state shoot and it's nice that someone notices. Hats off to Dave Adams and his Bar-B-Q crew...it was without a doubt the best I've ever had and we heard that about 40 or 50 times from folks after dinner Saturday nite. Boone, Mike, Homer, Betsy, Sam and all our volunteers put in a superb effort and it showed.

We'll see you all at your respective state shoots.

Thanks,
    Dave
    VP GATA

7. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

I was there Saturday and Have one question to ask. I have been shooting Registered Birds since the last century (1970) And what is this new idea of shooting 100 birds on the same trap. I heard some good comments about trap one on Lookout Mountain?

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wayne,

Several factors pushed us to make that decision. 2 years ago we had 120+ kids in the SCTP program that had to shoot the 200 bird event on Saturday and another 140+ adults to run through the program also. With 8 fields and NOT shooting 25 per field we'd start 8 squads at once instead of 2. This saved approximately 2+ hours at the end of the day. Not to mention the usual delays along the way. (folks that don't seem to make it to the next trap on time, ran to the car, went to the wrong field, didn't see my squad...well you get the idea) With 8 traps and that many shooters it came down to a time management issue. Many clubs down here in our area have gone to the same format.

We hope your experience with us was a pleasant one.

Dave

9. royboy

royboy Member

I was hoping someone would post the scores from the GA shoot !!

10. biff

biff Active Member

I have been to several state shoots that shot 100 to a field and it does speed things up especially when you take two boxes to the line. I have been to some shoots where shooters spent more time between rounds off the line than on it! I even like 10 rounds to a post, but that's another hot topic!

I want to thank all the staff at the Georgia State Shoot for running a great shoot and offering Southern Hospitality at its finest! If you have never shot there, you ought to treat yourself to one of the best small shoots in the country! John Payne

11. THALL

THALL Member

I always have a lot of fun at this shoot. Smooth well run shoot. I hope the shooters in Georgia will be able to make it to the Alabama shoot. Here is a link to the Georgia scores....http://www.gatrap.com/2009%20Results/2009_georgia_state_shoot.htm. Tim Hall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.