1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by doubles100, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

Anyone have any hotel or restaurant recommendations?

Will's Dad

2. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

The LaQuinta is new and a Longhorns is right across the street. I would also like to know of some local restaurants.

3. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

The Jameson is next door to the LaQuinta and has much better rates if there are any rooms left. It's at the Conyers exit on I20.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

On Hwy 138, which is on the way to the gun club is a Jim and Nicks Bar B Q which is very good. There's a Cracker Barrel across the interstate. There's an exellent seafood place in Conyers called Papa Jacks that I'd recommend. The fish or crab leg dinners are second to none. I'm sure there are many more I'm forgetting. Just ask any of the Georgia shooters, I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions. Hope to see you there.

Dave

5. BAP

BAP TS Member

Georgia is kind of limited on the food choices unless you like Mountain Oysters and chicken beaks. They say the Bates motel is a prime choice for one night. Dave Adams makes a mighty good pork butt if you can make your way to his camper through the mountain of empty beer cans piled around it. All joking aside there is plenty of good food and places to stay a short distance away. I believe they have a free barbeque dinner Sat. night and it is very good. I have attended for 29 straight years and enjoyed myself every time. A great group of people and a family atmosphere(everyone is Georgia is related).
    Bill Parson Jr.

6. BAP

BAP TS Member

I forgot to mention the new club house. It hase been totally redone and enlarged. and is one of nicest clubhouses I have ever been to. They recently added a large covered pavillion on the end of the club house. It lookes like a Bass Pro Shop except there are no deer tracks in the concrete. The owner went to great legenths to upgrade the facility and it shows. If you haven't been there lately you will be pleasantly suprised. I also want to retract my last statement on the previous thread. Everyone in Georgia isn't kin from what I understand. No one there is remotely related to Blair as evidenced by their nearly complete set of teeth and everyone else is over 5 ft. tall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2015 georgia state trapshoot

2016 georgia state trapshoot results
ga state trap shoot
georgia 2015 state trap shoot april 30 2015
georgia state trap shoot 2016
georgia trap shoot 2014