1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

My congratulations and appreciation goes out to the GATA for putting on a class tournament this past weekend. Dave Adams, Boone Butler, New President Dave Hollingsworth and the rest of the BOD deserve all the credit. Good Targets, Great BBQ, Great Camping and a whole lot of friendly Fellow Trapshooters (even to this transpalnted Yankee). Thanks everyone!!!!

blade819
    J.Granacki

2. blade819

least I forget. Special thanks to the South River Gun Club for being the host and also making the numerous improvements.

blade819

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Any scores posted yet?

FRedmon

4. blade819

Can't find any.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Spent all 4 days there (as a scorekeeper) & as blade819 said it was very well run, of coarse they did have a couple small hic-ups but the maintenance man (Max or Mack) & crew did an excellent job of getting the problem resolved. Plenty of help to keep hulls etc. picked up, my hats off to all those that worked so hard to put together a great shoot. Sure was nice to see so many Jr. shooters with their families & coaches, I know how much time (& money) it takes to bring the Jrs. to a state shoot a long way from home, so many congratulations are due there also. Ross Puls

6. blade819

Thanks for your help also Ross. A few hicups but nothing was serious. GA State is only second to the Ohio State and is certainly the best Southern Shoot that I've been to. I just wish that my body would have reacted to the Beer and Hiram Walker a little better on Friday morning. I need to get inshape for the Grand American since my campspot is in the GA and NC Redneck neighborhood. :eek:)

blade819

7. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

For all you shooters that have shot South River Gun Club (Tater Hill) but didn't shoot it this year, field no.1 is gone, thank you lord. Two new fields have taken it's place, built 20 ft lower than the old no.1. I think the new no.1 is one of the best if not the best field at the club.
    What a great improvement.
    SC Trapshooter

8. M. Bolling

M. Bolling TS Member

Scores posted on trapshooters.com/scores

9. blade819

Thanks for posting.

blade819

10. bas

bas Member

Congratulations to all of the winners and to our dear friend Mike Wazielewski on his FANTASTIC shooting performance. WOW, is all I can say! I also heard they had a record crowd this year...thanks to the SRGC for continuing to make improvements to their facility. Sure wish we could have been there. B&R

11. blade819

12. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Want to thank everyone for all the kind words. We had a great shoot. This was a cohesive team effort from the top down. The credit goes to all that pitched in and helped.

13. GASmoke

GASmoke TS Member

Another great shoot put on by the GATA, the additional traps at South River greatly helped. Scores appeared to be up, just noticed for 1000 targets, had to shoot in the 950's to be in the running for HAA and HAA in AA, A, for HAA score was 28 target higher that last years winner. It getting harder to win in GA, better bring your A game next year.

14. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Sure hate I missed it but had to attend my son's wedding at Ocracoke Island.

Jim Callan took the time to take pictures of all the scoresheets from all events except Sunday..

That is correct the actual sheets that everybody pours over - they are posted at the link above. That way you can see who shot GOOD and who shot BAD:)

FRedmon

15. blade819

Yours truly won HOA for C Class and Daddiooo won B Class. 972 I believe was my score.

blade819

16. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Trap 1 is GONE?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!??! I LOVED that trap.

NEVER going back to the GA state now.... :)!

Just kidding -- glad y'all had a great shoot. Hope I can return again....

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yeah John it's true.......they tore down the old "mile high" trap and took down 30 feet of dirt and put in 2 new fields. You may be the only one who misses it!! Hope you can make it next year.

Dave

18. blade819

jevolia... at least we Georgians don't shoot into an electric substation with birds nests. :eek:)

blade819 (transplanted Hoosier)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.