1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia Bulldogs just couldn't do it.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Georgia Bulldogs just couldn

I sure thought they were going to pull it out but poor decisions/coaching in the final seconds cost them the game I think. Oh well, Roll Tide Roll show Notre Dame the way. Jackie B.

2. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

some poor ref calls helped out Bama also

3. Shooting Jack

Especially when 90 pounded Murray with the head shot. I suspect when they review the films he will be sitting out the Notre Dame game. At any rate it was one of the best games I've had the opportunity to see lately. Jackie B.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

When an interception occurs and the quarterback is running in the direction of the player carrying the ball, he is subject to a block, regardless as to if he is not looking in the direction of the blocker. He is at that point no longer a quarterback, but a potential tackler That's football, and the right call by the umpire.

5. Shooting Jack

shot you are almost correct but head shots are not allowed period is my understanding.

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

ga just couldnt do it, so what is the point of this post then???

7. rlmims

rlmims TS Member

Shooting Jack, After viewing the block on Murray after interception , it appears that the Bama blocker led with his shoulder & fore arm. I watched it on stop & go video several times. The head to head came as a result of Murray's head snapping forward into the blockers head. Unless you watch it on stop and go it all happens too fast to see the whole picture. Ref was only about five yards behind & didn't throw the flag. Bottom line is, if you don't want to get your clock cleaned, don't run to cut off the interceptor. Because when you do this you are no longer a QB you are a defensive player subject to getting blocked.

RLMims

8. Shooting Jack

Nipper, just showing my support for Alabama and apparently irritating prixks like you. Jackie B.

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Jacie B , I liked the Aggie Bama game better.

10. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

shot410ga, if you saw the replay of the hit Murray was standing still when he got hit & there was an official clearly seen in the background no more than 15 feet from the hit. How could he miss it?
    It was more blatant than the call made against Georgia earlier in the game.

i_shoot

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I sat in the middle of the Georgia Fans and many were very irratated during the last 30 seconds because of Georgia play calling/clock management. Good game though.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.