1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

George W. and Veterans

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blade819, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that GW has chosen not to interupt his wood chopping vacation in Texas to fly to DC so he could place a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on Veterans Day? (By the way, he has done this for the past several years sending our honorable VP instead.) Isn't this strange behavior for a President who interupted his Texas vacation 2 years ago to fly to DC on a Sunday so he could sign the Terry Shivo resolution? Priorities????????

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Blade- he spent it with Soldiers--get your facts right and quit repeating what others have told you

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

It is interesting that those with Bush Derangement Syndrome don't seem to realize he is not running again.

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I believe the protocol for the President is to visit Arlington and the Tomb of the Unknowns on Memorial Day, and the Vice President on Veterans's Day.

I've been to the Tomb of the Unknowns on four Veterans' Days, and the Vice President was there all four times. Agnew, Agnew, Rockefeller, and GHW Bush.

Dennis

5. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

On the news recently: one in four homeles persons is a vet. Shame on us.

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

smokerz, don't shame on us! Being homeless is a choice. There are many more Vets that choose to live in homes rather than the street! I am a Vet and I choose to live in a house. Jake Jacobs US Army Retired.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

3 out of 4 homeless have families. Shame on them.

Don

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You may have heard that on the news- but there is no way that is true-- and how would the data collector know that anyway?

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. blade819

Protocol and history is for the President to lay the wreath on Veterans Day. Not to is disrespectful. My opinion is validated by being a Viet Nam Vet, US Army 1966-1968 with several ounces of lead remaining in his left and right legs. These are the facts. God bless all Veterans!

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Clayton, thanks inviting me. I'm really honored to be here with you. Congressman Edwards, thank you for your eloquence and your very moving remarks. Members of the Texas State Legislature, it's good to see you again. Distinguished mayors, thank you all for being here. Proud veterans and families of the fallen: It is a privilege to spend this Veterans Day with you, and to join you in honoring four sons of the great state of Texas who gave their lives in freedom's cause.

The young men we remember today did not live to be called veterans. They died in a distant land fighting terror, spreading freedom, and protecting their fellow citizens from danger. The valor and selfless devotion of these men fills their families with immeasurable pride. Yet this pride cannot fill the hole in their loved ones' aching hearts, or relieve the burden of grief that will remain for a lifetime. In their sorrow, these families need to know, and families all across the nation of the fallen need to know that your loved ones served a cause that is good, and just, and noble. And as their Commander-in-Chief, I make you this promise: their sacrifice will not be in vain.

I know all the veterans gathered here and across the nation feel a special bond with our fallen soldiers and their families. Many experienced the heartbreak and tragic losses of war. Our veterans know that -- what it's like to lose a brother on the field of battle. And many of them recall the determination they felt when a beloved comrade fell, the determination to pick up the mantle, to carry on the fight, and to complete the mission.

That's precisely what today's generation of soldiers is doing in the war on terror. Since the attacks of September the 11th, 2001, more than 2 million Americans have stepped forward to put on our nation's uniform -- and during that same period, 1.5 million American troops have made the courageous decision to re-enlist and to stay in the fight. These men and women saw the future the terrorists intend for our country, and they said with clear voices: "Not on my watch." America is blessed to have such brave defenders. They are tomorrow's veterans -- and they're bringing pride to our country.

Their service is noble, and it is necessary. The enemies who attacked us six years ago want to strike our country again -- and next time, they hope to kill Americans on a scale that will make 9/11 pale by comparison. By fighting this enemy in foreign lands, the men and women of our Armed Forces are helping to ensure we do not have to face them in our own land. And by spreading the hope of liberty to nations that have not known it, our troops are helping to defeat the ideology of the terrorists -- and secure a future of peace for generations to come.

As veterans, you have confidence in freedom's cause -- because you have seen with your own eyes the power of liberty to transform nations and secure the peace. The men and women gathered before me took an oath to defend America -- and you upheld that oath with honor, and decency, and valor. You humbled tyrants, liberated continents, and freed millions from unspeakable oppression. And because of your service and sacrifice, the world has been transformed in once unimaginable ways. Today, across Europe and Asia, former adversaries in war have become allies in the cause of peace. And in towns and villages on both continents, there are still men and women who talk of the day when the Americans arrived to free them from tyranny.

I thank our nation's veterans for the fine example that you have set for our country. I thank you for your courage and your patriotism and your devotion to duty. I thank you for standing up for the men and women of our Armed Forces -- and I thank you for all you do to support the families they leave behind during this time of war.

May God bless and keep all who have made the ultimate sacrifice. May God bless and keep our brave and honored veterans. May God bless those who are in harm's way. And may God continue to bless our nation. Thank you.

11. old school

old school TS Member

VARY NICE REPLY JIM

12. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

flincher--- Bush never Deserted from anything. Unlike your hero slick Willie who fled the country rather than be drafted! If you want to check the REAL record you will find he had MORE than the required points during his ANG service and his discharge was honorable! Unlike YOU I have known people who actually SERVED in the ANG with him. Of course you may be quoting your Dan Blather reference who came up with PHONY letters printed out on "Micro Soft Word" which wansn't even INVENTED yet when Bush was in the ANG! Oh yea, he got canned for that didn't he!!?? You liberals live in made up worlds of your own choosing. You just can't let reality get in the way of you "Bush Derangement syndrome"!

13. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

slide action,

"You liberals live in made up worlds of your own choosing"

Sorry slide action but I believe that both Republicans and Democrats live in made up worlds. Party politics has a way of blinding a lot of people and sometimes that can be a dangerous thing. Just look at what happened in Germany when the nazi party was established! Just because you are a Republican doesn't make you a saint and just because your a democrat doesn't make you a devil, and vice versa. I have always tended to be more of a conservative but there are a lot of Republicans that I won't support.

14. blade819

Great comment dbls_champ. You're right about both parties. I believe that is why it is incumbent upon every voting American to not just vote "Party" but to scrutinize every candidate and let their heart and common sense make their choice(s). I've split my ticket many, many times over the years. I'll do it this coming election also. Spirited debate is very healthy and hopefully I fought for a tiny piece of the privilage to have it. However, spewing ones idealogy and/or opinions with hatred and insults is surely not the way to do it.We are neither saints or devils but free thinking Americans(well most of us anyway).

15. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

While I am certaintly at odds with the Democracts who have been completely TAKEN OVER by the left wing whack job liberals, I am VERY disappointed in the Republicans who have spent too much, been on the wrong side of the illegal alien issue, and sucked up to liberals on far too many issues.--- dbls champ, I made my comment about LIBERALS not a Party. There used to be several Conservative Dems(and I voted for some of them), but unfortunetly they are going the way of the Passenger Pigeon. The Republicans have been infiltrated by their numbers as well, though not as numerous. Blade started this thread because he HATES Bush and for that reason only. This next election is going to be very hard for me to vote for EITHER Candidate if the Republicans pick a liberal(and it looks like they are headed in that direction). It also isn't about Hillary Clinton being a woman. If there was a CONSERVATIVE Woman running I would have no trouble voting for her. She is a left wing whack job and her Gender is not a part of it. The problem as I see is is the Democrats have lost their MINDS and the Republicans have lost their NERVE. NEITHER is good news unless somebody comes up with a conservative candidate and I'm not holding my breath for that to happen!

16. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Blade.....what else would you expect from a proven idiot? So, what else is new?

17. blade819

Look in a mirror my Conservative friend. My sentences ended in question marks. Not this - !!!!!! I would have created this thread even if Clinton would have missed the wreath laying. (did he?) lctrapshooter, you are one of the people that my last comment was directed toward. How many times have you split your ticket? BDS???? Which Right-winger invented that acronym? Rodney King said "can't we all just get along?" See you on the range one day and I'll buy you a beer.

18. blade819

Oh yea...by the way. Does anyone out there shoot a Cesar Guerini? Need some latest results/opinions/evaluations.

19. blade819

FRANK...... are you so anti liberal and right wing that it clouds your reading comprehension and perception? I posted a thread asking for the opinions and answers of others which were expressed by a few. You seem to be on some sort of a mission. Let's kill the thread in favor of Trap Shooting. How does one pick up their doubles average being a one eyed shooter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.