1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

George Soros ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by southjblue, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I was told today that George Soros bought Remington---If so,were in trouble---
    Also said Remington cancelced STS and Nitro shells----Is it just rumor???SJB

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I smell the next hoarding of $20/box ammo!

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

STL---There's none to hoard---Try buying STS---Nitro Or AAs---I can't find them.----George

4. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rumor Control: The Truth About Cerberus/Freedom Group

An old rumor has once again resurfaced alleging that Cerberus--the private equity firm that owns Freedom group, a holding company that in turn owns a number of firearms manufacturers, including Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, and DPMS--is in some way tied to George Soros.

This rumor is completely false and baseless.

Following is a statement from Freedom Group, Inc., addressing the rumor:

Despite rumors to the contrary, Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., the firm which owns Freedom Group. Inc. (FGI), the holding company for such firearms manufacturers as Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster and DPMS, is in NO WAY affiliated with anti-gun activist George Soros.

George Soros has never been a part of Freedom Group or Cerberus. Further, as Cerberus is a privately owned corporation, run by sportsmen, shooters and firearms enthusiasts, we can say with great sincerity and certainty that George Soros will never be a part of the Freedom Group family of companies.

"If anyone should know whether George Soros is affiliated with either Freedom Group or Cerberus, it's me," said George Kollitides, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of FGI. "I spent the last eleven years of my career at Cerberus and just recently stepped down to become executive chairman and chief executive officer of FGI. I did this in order to devote 100 percent of my time, effort and passion to a company I spent years building. I can emphatically proclaim, without the slightest of doubt, that George Soros has never, does not and never will own or be affiliated with Cerberus or Freedom Group.”

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

In a "What If" trip into imagination, how about the following. Please Note that I do NOT think it likely but if you are to be a good investigator you must consider ALL possibilities and then rule each out, one by one, until only the one true situation is left.

What if a group like Freedom Group or Cerberus, know the boost in gun and ammo sales Obama's first term election brought, sees an opportunity to create, or at least jump on a second band wagon pushing fears of gun confiscation or other equally evil ideas simply to tremendously increase sales.

If they are involved this way they are playing a very dangerous game where, UNLESS they have iron clad control of enough politicians to insure that nothing too onerous actually goes into law, it could come back to bite them in the wallet pocket area. You could even include the NRA with its membership boost in this scenario.

Like I said, highly UNLIKELY in my estimation but I can not say impossible.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Something don't flush---These companies (Remington) etc have had 5 months to catch up with orders---There is a whole market waiting to fill the hoarded inventory---Try to buy Rem reloading components---Try to buy STS and Nitros---

JMO---SJB

7. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

What doesn't flush is the fact that ALL of the Freedom Group is up for sale due to pressure from large investment groups (teachers union, etc.) who deal with Cerberus, after Sandy Hook.

This was all over the SHOT Show. I'm not making it up.

Randy

8. burtona

burtona Member

It's an internet rumor
    From NRA:
    http://www.nraila.org/223471

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Due to hoarding, the lack of raw materials, ramp up of manufacturing time, and political fears (Obama re-election, anti gun legislation, and the school shooting), pistol bullets will be hard to get for a while.

At the National Game Bird Federation convention, a Federal rep stated that Federal was 4 years behind orders. There is only so much brass and lead available to make shells and bullets, especially when the Feds have a 3 billion round order on the books.

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

What would we do in time of war---No raw materials---What???You mean we hoarded all the stuff to fight a war---What did they do during the REV and civil war---There's something in the wood pile---It may not be SOROS but don't bet against it----They bought GM and I don't put it past this administration to buy up all the ammo industry----How much longer till we find out----SJB

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No problem getting STS, Nitros or AA's here at my local Wal Mart. Metallic ammo now is a different story unless you need those useless .22LR shot shells or .270's.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Setter,

You forgot what I call psychosism.

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I just called one of my shooting suppliers and asked for STS---Nitro and Remington components and he's been out for months---He mentioned SOROS as a problem---Isn't that odd?---He's getting that info from his distributor---

Doug---I'll supply the distributor if you wish----PM me

George@SJB

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

grntitan, .22 bird shot isn't useless, it keeps my shooting practice good all winter, mice in the cabana, and a .22 single action revolver

The don't eject in any of my autos

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

There isn't a shortage of raw materials, just a shortage of machines to make the rounds, and I am sure the manufacturers don't want to spend the money on more machinery because they will eventually get caught up and then the machines would be sitting idle

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I just found a supplier to sell STS and AAs for $77.95 + 6% tax---Shot @ $37.99 for 25Lbs-----At least there are some still available but it's a 400 mi rd trip for me----What is price at WalMart???My WalMart won't sell ammo---

George@SJB

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Doug---Info sent in PM----George

18. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

At $44 a thousand plus $25 hasmat fee for remington primers who wants them. Not me!

Dave

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

WalMart, $7.97 per for the premium stuff ... They had some, but not near as many as they usually have ... I have a few flats in the gargage to hold me over for awhile ...

George, are you sure the Muslims are not the ones buying Remington ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If the teacher unions are looking to dump their stock, wouldn't it be a good time for the company to buy back some shares at a reduced price?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington soros