1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

George Landis, Jr. 1921-2009

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Epaules, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epaules

Epaules TS Member

YORK George E. Landis, Jr., 87, died Saturday, September 12, 2009, at Barbara J. Egan Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. He was the loving husband of the late Mary R. (Molison) Landis. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at Life Tributes by Olewiler and Heffner Funeral Chapel & Crematory, Inc., 35 Gotham Place, Red Lion, with the Rev. Dr. Dennis E. Hamsher officiating. A visitation will be held from 9 to 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Longstown United Methodist Cemetery, with a flag folding provided by the York County Veterans Honor Guard. Mr. Landis was born November 1, 1921, in York, a son of the late George E. and Cora (Adair) Landis. Mr. Landis is survived by a son, George E. Landis, III and wife, Pat of York; a daughter, Sandra L. Sackett of Red Lion; three grandchildren, Kelly A. Landis, Daniel C. Sackett, and William T. Sackett; a great-grandchild, Victoria Sackett; a sister Marie Haupt of Dover; and numerous nieces and nephews. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to York Rescue Mission, 367 W. Market St., York, PA, 17404; or Salvation Army, 50 E. King St., York, PA, 17401. Send Condolences at BestLifeTributes.com

2. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Our deepest sympathy, to the family.

Mr. Landis was one of the nicest and kindest people I have ever met. He was always quick with the kidding and joking around. I don't believe I have ever seen him without a smile on his face. A sad loss to any one who had the pleasure to meet him.

Vern & Brenda Shaffer

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

George was a class act and I'm saddened to hear this. George III is a carbon-copy of his father and I'm sure he will carry on the family tradition of greeting shooters at Glen Rock Shooting Club.

Ed

4. pa pete

pa pete Member

I want to watch George and God shake hands! From a distance of course.
    Condolences to the family.
    "Pete" McDonough

5. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

6. TjayE

TjayE Member

Sad to hear the death of George Landis, Jr. He was "Mr. Glen Rock Gun Club" to me. Always a smile and always a good word from George.

My condolences to George III and family.

Tom E.

7. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy goes out to family and friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.