1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

George "ENOS" Handy Passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kingbang, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

I met Enos, when he was 88. I was brand new to trap. He was still shooting in the 90's from singles and yardage.(27yards). Two things struck me about this man. The intensity and sharpness of his eyes, and his memory. He could recite poetry (man in the mirror was my fav) and stories of what the game used to be. Stories from his childhood. The man was a true story teller. He could tell a story like Mark Twain. You could see the pictures his words formed in your mind like a motion picture. He could take you on a journey anywhere he wanted you to go like you had been there with him.
    He sold me my first Remington 3200. He watched me shoot and gave me advise on what he thought would help me from his observations. I listened. I used what he said and trained.I did well.
    Enos is Daro Handy's Father. He played this game like he lived his life. An honorable man.
    I had the previledge of knowing Mr.George Enos Handy.

Dennis Crowell

2. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

George

Dora, sorry to hear about you're dad. Brad

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

George

Enos was 94 years old when he passed away, and still living in his own house in Sutherlin Oregon. He could tell a story and will be missed. He still shot at the Roseburg Rod and Gun Club, well into his 90s. Mark

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

George

Some of my fondest moments at trapshoots were sitting next to Enos "gramps" and just listening. My first Sx-1 trapgun was a gun that Enos had "built up" he hadn't seen the gun in 20 years but was able to tell me who did the rib and how he had Tom Seitz tune the choke and what the impact was.

All the things he told me were 100% accurate.

Enos taught me what a left hand flinch was.
    He could tell you on exactly what day the first salmon were caught at any given spot on the Umpqua river in any given year.

He forgot more about Salmon fishing and the Umpqua River then any three fisherman combined will ever know.

I have never met anybody in my life with a better memory then Enos.

Enos was one of those guys who you felt like you had known all your life after knowing him for a short time.

I will miss him.Jeff

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

George

My condolences to the Handy family. Dave Bishop

6. Toddy

Toddy Member

George

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Handy family.....

Reg. Todd, ES, BC

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

George

Sincerest condolences to the family.

Martin n Devi

8. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

George

My condolences to the Handy family.

9. trap7

trap7 Member

George

My sincerest condolences to Daro and his family Jerry Routh

10. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

George

I had the privilage and honor to shoot with Enos at a PITA shoot at the old Bend Trap Club. A true gentlemen. RIP and condolences to the Handy family.
    Jerry Kalamar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.