1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

### genuine Navy Leather Flight Jacket@@@

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Barkingspider21, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

I have a genuine Leather Navy Flight Jacket size 48 with a fur collar. It is about 98% with one scuff spot on the right elbow. I am open for offers. This is the genuine article not a Chinese knock off. It still has the makers Tag inside, it was made by Star Mfg. PM me for pics if needed. not insulated just a silky liner Thanks, Asking price is $300.00 or best offer shipped to lower 48. Woody Sullivan

70yonewbie_2009_180916.jpg

Front view is below

2. Fabbri

Fabbri Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Interested in Jacket please send a photo

3. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

70yonewbie_2009_180918.jpg

This is the front view

4. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

Yup, exactly, the real McCoy and in pristine shape too.

5. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

At a size 48, that surely wasn't a pilot's jacket!

6. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

Maybe it was meant for a B-52 Pilot, the tag says size 48 so it is a size 48. ;<))Tag also says Jacket, Flyers, what can I say????

7. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This is a US Navy G-1 Flight Jacket. The value is totally dependent on the date of manufacture and or what era it is from. If it is "real" and not a repo it should be dated Mid 60's to Early 70's and we would need a close up picture of the tag. Does it have "USN" punched on the inside flap of the jacket?? The collar should be real shearling fur, most reproductions have faux fur. Some of the good knock off's do have real shearling collar. What type of zipper, should be a "Talon" possibly "ideal".

Sorry for the long list of questions there is a ton of knock offs out there and this is just the starting point to weed them out. I am interested and would like to know the price your asking.

Thanks, Bryce

8. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

From personal experience, no USAF Pilots, including those who flew B-52's, were ever that big needing a size 48 flight jacket. That's a big jacket even for a Navy pilot.

9. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

Bryce, this jacket was issued to me in 1974 at Kaneohe Marine Airstation in Hawaii. The tag says JACKET, FLYERS
    INTERMEDIATE TYPE,
    SIZE 48,
    MIL-J-7823E (AS),
    STAR SPORTSWEAR MFG CORP.
    8419-26-7824,
    DSA160-73-C-0034.
    As to the type of zipper, I see no indication of who made it,it is heavy brass.
    And there is no apparent date of manufacture.
    The inside right flap is punched "USN" this is not a knockoff by anyone this is the genuine article. the reason it is offered here is that there is very little need for this in Florida. I will try to get a macro view of the tag but I doubt it will work very well with my Ipad. If you have any further questions feel free to ask, if you are in central Florida, drop by and take a look. I hope this is sufficient info to allay any suspicions on the authenticity of my jacket. Thanks for looking.
    WOODY SULLIVAN USN, RETIRED

10. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks so much for the reply. The date of MFG is 1973 Please see DSA160-"73"-C-0034. The 73 being the date. What is your price on the jacket??

Thanks, Bryce

11. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

12. Urbans

Urbans Member

0   0   0

Recon Doc, It could have been issued also to flight crew members. I went to a 20MM for F8's school @ Kanehoe back in 1964 when I was in the Navy & stationed @ Ewa Beach. Thanks for the flashback.

13. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

I can't believe there is no interest in my flight jacket, wow

14. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

How come there is NO squadron patches or WINGS on the jacket. I too was in the USN and had a flight jacket. Someone stoled my flight jacket as I was packing to go home from active duty in 1957.

The Flight Jacket does look genuine Government Issued. Tom

15. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

I swapped a couple pair of FG 58 flight glasses for the jacket. I was a Navy optician at the time. Woody

16. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0

up last time

17. hebbard

hebbard TS Member

0   0   0

You have a PM

Hebbard

18. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

0   0   0