1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Genesis 47 Sermon

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Oh the similarities are frightening......

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Amend to that!!

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I'll "amend" that....which god is trapshooterjoe talking about?

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

If you read the historical documents, The "God" this nation was founded on was the Christian God of the bible. If you look at the Mayflower Compact, the commisioning document for the pilgrims, there is no doubt of the Deity in question. You will have to look up the original wording, it has been re written in public school history books, elimitating two lines refering to Christ. Even the statesmen of that era who were non participants in Christian region, had a great deal of respect and openly endorsed Biblical Christian ideals as a model of perfect citizenship.

5. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

If you read early accounts, the colonists found some Native Americans adapted readily to Christianity because they believed in a Great Spirit of Goodness and Bounty, already. The presence of a 'Great Spirit' was already here in America. God bless our Great Nation.

6. yakimaman

The Spanish were pretty adept at converting the native Americans weren't they?

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I believe this is where we as a nation are today and it's not just the democrats. It amazed me though, even for the democrats, that they left God out of their rally. I am troubled by the election but not worried as I am and will trust in my God. Jackie B.

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Scary but true! You will serve one master or another. Good or evil! If we leave the God of our forefathers, we have only the other master left, and that option leads to destruction!

9. yakimaman

For crying out loud, go to church, save your soul, be at peace with whatever god you believe in, but leave your god out of politics. Bible wavers are not one bit different than the taliban - just differing degrees of how they will impose and enforce their own religious doctrine on everyone else. We have freedom of religion in this country but more importantly we have (supposedly) freedom FROM religion......

rm

10. rpeerless

Yakiman, the key word is 'early'.

Also read the Bible for it's political content on Liberty, Tyranny, Liberty, Tyranny, Liberty, Tyranny, Liberty, Tyranny, and so on.........into infinity. That's where God abides.

11. yakimaman

For crying out loud, go to church, save your soul, be at peace with whatever god you believe in, but leave your god out of politics. Bible wavers are not one bit different than the taliban - just differing degrees of how they will impose and enforce their own religious doctrine on everyone else. We have freedom of religion in this country but more importantly we have (supposedly) freedom FROM religion......

rm

12. rpeerless

Yakiman, the key word is 'early'.

Also read the Bible for it's political content on Liberty, Tyranny, Liberty, Tyranny, Liberty, Tyranny, Liberty, Tyranny, and so on.........into infinity. That's where God abides.

13. yakimaman

Oh, you want to follow Leviticus now? Can't pick and choose,it's the word of god,have to follow it - homosexuals are an affront to nature - god ain't got nothing to do with nothing - just a bunch of fairy tales written by misogynistic old men. Believe whatever mumbo-jumbo you want - just keep it out of politics and our schools.

14. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Relax yakimaman, the vast majority are with you, and we are all going where they are taking us.

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Even if I were stoned, I would not do it.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

yaki never saw the Ten Commandments displayed in just about all the Court Houses and in Washington DC.

Maybe he was just busy with his pal........

HM

17. yakimaman

Muslims say the same thing - there is but one god. Same god as yours - god of Abraham - As I said - keep your god to yourself - keep it out of public schools and keep it out of politics. What we really need is something to save us from those trying to save us in their god's name. You and the taliban - same coin just different side.

18. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Yeah, Rich, Christians and the Taliban are just different sides of the coin as you say.

We spend a lot of time blowing things, including ourselves, up, cutting off heads, keeping women from driving.

Yeah, real similar.

Bob

19. yakimaman

I said differing degrees - still wanting to force your religious doctrine on others - same thing. god has no place in politics or public law.

20. darr

darr Well-Known Member

The teachings of Jesus Christ and the doctrine of the Taliban are not different sides of the same anything.

Darr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.