1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

General Motors Welfare Continues

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buckle-up, taxpayers -- another $3.58 Billion of your tax dollars is about to be handed over the the millionaires running Government Motors.

Don't panic though, because once they succeeed in hijacking and socializing our healthcare system, $3.58 Billion will seem like pocket change.

-Gary

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What's with this government? Wonder how much salary the big dogs are still getting?

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well, with respect to the government, it was revealed two weeks ago that, while the rest of us have been suffering through the 2008-2009 recession, the Federal Government has not only expanded at an astonishing pace but the percentage of those jobs paying $100K or more has surged from 14% to 19%. Think about that for a second -- almost 1-in-5 Federal Civil Service Jobs now pay over $100K per year.

Everybody OK with that?

-Gary

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Look at the deals made in the new health care bill. Could our government be more corrupt.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

How's that hope and change workin' out for ya?

6. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

Where are all the liberal punching bags that used to show up on this site for their daily beating? Too poor to turn on their computers nw?

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

And I'm looking at buying a new Silverado 3500HD 4x4 Duramax....that will help keep someone around to service my warranty

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

CalvinMD: Why reward failure and encourage government meddling? I respectfully suggest that you consider a Ford SuperDuty instead.

-Gary

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If your going to buy a 2010 GM with the Duramax you better hurry before they run out of the 2009 engines they stockpiled, because word has it the Duramax does not meet the bullshit EPA requirements for 2010

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

And let's don't forget Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, they asked for another 15 billion back in early November. How much does it add up to now, something like 110 billion plus they have gotten from the government? I see the CEOs of both Fannie and Freddie will take home millions this year even though both are hemorrhaging money. I guess it pays to be a big time Obama contributor.

Rotten to the core.

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

But, in a few months, the W.H. will issue a statement announcing they are allowing Chrysler to fail:

NY Times: "Smart, market-oriented decision..."

Wash Post: "Obama demonstrates fiscal toughness, flexes business acumen..."

USA Today: Obama: "Taxpayer assistance will not be a blank check."

AP: "Obama displays new confidence in dealing with economic fallout..."

12. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

"Government Motors" will NOT be allowed to fail, simply because President Obama owes too much to Big Labor. Paying off the UAW is what this whole auto-bailout is about.

(BTW: Gary, the feds need all those highly paid experts on the payroll....'cause folks like you and me need a LOT OF WATCHING.)

13. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Just buy a real truck or car buy FORD. They didn't take any money.

14. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

and GMAC is getting the money for their housing loans,not car loans. dwain

15. skeet100

skeet100 Member

And possibly one day Republicans will take over and not cancel or void one of these plans....although they may not start quite as many nor fund the ones they like with quite as much...they will not rock the boat and change the whole system....it's just how the games played....and we are the loosers...no matter the party in charge...too much money at the top.

just hide and watch

16. KennyP

KennyP TS Member

I will be buying a new truck next year. If GM isn't completely out from under the Gov't assistance I will not be buying GM.

I refuse to pay twice for a vehicle. As a taxpayer all of us are paying for every vehicle. To go to the lot and pay another time is pure stupidity.

Let GM fail, let someone buy the place at a fire sale and dispose of the junk. Then make a profit on the items that people actually want to buy.

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My Ford E-350 Super Van was 20 years old in Sept.. you see me driving it to Sparta every year.. GM what????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.