1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

== General Motors Says "THANKS SUCKERS" ==

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Remember when our friends at GM stabbed their bondholders in the back and went on welfare? Remember when the government appointed a fake CEO and paid him $9 Million to keep quiet and then he took off without ever moving to Michigan? Remember when the CEO went on TV and lied saying they paid the money back early, but in reality they used other government welfare money to "pay it off"? And remember when Obama vowed that all GM warranties would be honored?

Well, click the link to see how GM is now thanking their loyal customers who bought defective Impalas.

On a more positive note, the new GM stock is now at its lowest point ever. If you bought some, you're getting precisely what you deserve.

And some people still don't believe there's a God. LOL!

Gary

30-Year ex-GM Driver

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

No Obamamobiles for me..

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nice. 20 year ex-GM guy myself. NEVER again. Quite happy with my Jap models.

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

grntitan, agreed.... I can't stand my 2007 limited town and country, the 2006 Expedition I drive with a mere 101,000 has had about $5000.00 in repairs over the past 25,000 miles...

The latest is the catalytic converter went out, $1540.00 later plus change I am back driving this piece of dung....

About the only thing I drive that is reliable is the GMC Duramax that I drive... and don't get me wrong, I am not loyal to any brand!

I frequently ride in a buddy's Ram with the Cummins, too bad a quality engine is stuck in such a crappy frame/body...

If the japs start making light trucks with diesel engines, the big three are finished... at least in the 3/4, 1 ton pickup truck department.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

noknock1--Actually Nissan is seriously considering a Renualt Turbo-Diesel for their Titan. They were real close to having the rights to put the Cummins diesel in their Titan but it meant a merger with Chrysler/Dodge in order to do it. Nissan wisely backed out of joining with an outfit struggling to stay afloat.

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Drove my 91 Civic to the Grand.

On the return trip we gassed at the Phillips 66 station in Sparta, 11gal.

Drove to Cols, Oh. on one tank, a little less than 12 gal. 440 Mi.

Say what you want about Jap cars but they run cheap.

Haven't seen Phillips gas in my area for a long time.

Regards....Gerald

7. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

If that happens, then I may have one more new vehicle left in me before I retire/die... At $53,000 Plus, these corporations are smoking crack anyways...

But I could really dig a titan diesel in my golden years...

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bought a new Canadian Vehicle, Dodge Challenger and have a Isuzu and Hyundai for road trips ... The Dodge sits in the garage taking up space, next to my 1967 Plymouth ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Own a Pre-Obama GMC now, will never buy another "Obamamobile"...Bill

10. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

We went and bought Fords before the Obamamotors crap happened. So far so good I'm happy with our choice.

I do like the VW tubro diesels, I shoot with two guys that have them and get nearly 50mpg that aint to shabby. I dont know why American automakers cant put diesels in our cars(other than big trucks), the last longer and get better mpg.

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

After reading that article I can't believe anyone would consider buying a Gm product. Jackie B.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Jackie:

Most people don't completely comprehend what GM did, and the way the government actually legalized criminal acts in order to help them. You have to spend time reading in order to fully grasp what an outrageous abomination it was. The mainstream media certainly isn't going to harp on it.

I drove GM for over 30 years. If anyone had told me a few years ago that I'd sell my three GMs and vow to never buy another I'd have laughed at them. But once I had studied the facts I knew I couldn't consider myself an American while supporting that company in any way whatsoever.

Others might not feel like me regarding right and wrong, and that's fine. I have a couple friends who still drive GM. But I sleep well at night because my conscience is clear. And I intend to keep it that way.

-Gary

13. warren

warren Member

I'm still amazed at how the Gov't screwed over the GM stock and bond holders and got away with it, however I don't think it's over yet just sure as the dickens GM is gonna need help again and they'll never get it. We will just have to wait and see how it plays out. I've got a 2000 Ford F250 Diesel with 180,000 miles on it and all I do is routine maint. on it going strong.

warren

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

How can anyone invest stocks/bonds in any company, when the govt can turn it upside down?

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wait till the dems own the banks. I have owned 2 "Avalanche" tyupe cars Na I rate them fairly high.

Nice day here in NW Wisconsin

16. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Cash for clunkers was intended to FORCE you to buy a union car, but it didn't play out that way. VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

17. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The majority of the american public doesn't care what happened as long as they can get a cheap car.

Curt

18. Rick Barker

Contrary to what some comedians say, the Cash For Clunkers was not a huge success, I still see Obama/Biden 08 stickers on the Toyotas, Volvos and Beemers.

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, and those Obama stickers are particularly common on a Toyota PRIUS.

...usually driven by a woman with short hair and no make-up, or a gay looking dude in his 50s. The next time you see one, remember this and check out the driver -- you'll probably get a laugh. Some stereotypes are true.

-Gary

20. Rick Barker

You think servn99 will buy one, when he is old enough to get his drivers license?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.