1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gene Robertson Memorial Services

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by clays4u, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clays4u

clays4u TS Member

Gene Robertson passed away on Monday, April 6th. Memorial Services will be held at Triple B Clays in South El Monte, CA at 2:00pm on Saturday, April 11, 2009. The family of Gene would like to invite all his trap shooting buddies to come and listen to or share memories and stories you have about Gene's hunting and trapshooting. For directions to Triple B go to www.triplebclays.com. Safe Shooting

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

My condolences to the Robertson family. Dave Bishop

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Gene was a true gentleman. He was an outstanding person, shooter, father and grandfather. It has been my pleasure to know this family.

My best wishes to his family in their time of sorrow.

Tom Strunk

4. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

I did not know Gene that well other than seeing him at some of the shoots--usually with his son Ken who I knew very well. Gene was a tremendous shot and as Tom Strunk says was a great gentleman. Last time I saw him was at the Cattlemens restaurant at the California state shoot MANY years ago. Had dinner with him and Scott after Kens passing.
    Wonderful family---I can only say I wish them comfort and all that is good in this life in the future. Your friend Phil Simms

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Gene didn't know me by name, but he was very friendly and once asked me to pull and score for him and some of his friends. This was back in about '93. I knew who he was and was a bit intimidated not to mess up. I got through that round of pulling and scoring with not too bad of a shaky hand. I marked his score with five 0's on the last post just in relief to not have messed up. I believe he smiled seeing that. Of course they all ran them from the 16 and I'm sure Gene knew it. Gene spoke to me for a while about shooting in Los Angeles in the very early (Pre WWII) days and about shotgunning theory. He was a tremendously supportive guy to the club in which I shot then, the California Golden Bears. I am just amazed regarding the longevity of his shooting career. "You could look it up."

The memorial did not feature many people speaking; I think those who knew him well and those of us he knew him from a distance, like I, felt our words would be strained to measure up to the love and reverence bestowed upon him by family and friends. For that, I understand and excuse myself and others the remiss. To have been at the memorial, I feel fortunate. I am also, like many others, impressed and happy that Triple B's chose to honor Gene last Saturday. I hope a family member of Gene's reads my comments; I am a fan, but hardly a peer. With Gene's leaving us, we are diminished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.