1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gene Batchelar HERE !!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

People who say trapshooters have big hearts are soooooo right. I can't express to all of you how blessed I feel to have so many of you praying for me and wishing me well. As Dave said, the Dr was pretty pleased with the surgery results. Turns out, we think the cancer was a Stage 2; I'd have liked Stage 1 better, but will take Stage 2. This means the cancer did not penetrate the wall of the colon, Praise God. Also, he told us the CT scan didn't show any lymph nodes affected. Praise God again.

Yesterday was a tough day but I'm actually doing OK today. When I got out of recovery yesterday, I pretty much slept most of the time - effects of the anethesia. The Dr came and looked me over today and said I could start having clear liquids. You have no idea how sweet that sounded after not drinking anything for 36 hours. He also said he wanted me walking around at least 4 times a day. To get me out of bed and clear my lungs and also to exercise. I'm proud to say I walked about 5-600 ft 4 times today. The last time I did it, I was able to sit up by myself and stand by myself.

From here, it's up to the Dr as to when I go home, but so far so good.

I'd like to say a special thanks to Mike k p for his post yesterday. I had people from here to Australia (trapshooters) praying for me and I believe it helped.

I'll post more when I can. FOR NOW THANKS TO YOU ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Great. Keep it up. I just finished wishing you well on the other post. Ray.......

3. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Great news Gene! Best wishes and continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Gene,

I'm glad to see you up and doing well. Have a very Merry Christmas! We'll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Carl

5. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Way to go Gene!!! Woooooot!!!

We're still keeping you on the prayer list here in Virginia!! Let us know how you're doing!

Luvn

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Gene what goes around comes around.

AS you remember another poster on here was having problem's at the time and we all got together to wish him well.

I think it is your turn to be wished well and prayed for im sure it will go futher than one might think.

Sure hope everything is back to normal in a few days.

Foggy

7. calilori

calilori TS Member

Wow! It's great to see you post already. I'm keeping you on my prayer list until I hear you've gone out and ran one!

8. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Hi Gene !

Glad to here it went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery and a very merry Christmas !!

Bill Borman

9. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Now there's a Merry Christmas...!!!
    Thanks for YOUR posting Gene...I know it will remind a lot of us what REALLY makes this a Happy Holiday..!!!
    Best Wishes for a speedy FULL recovery.
    God Bless us Every One.

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Good luck Gene and Merry Christmas.

11. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Gene, Great to hear you are up and about...God Bless, Dave & Judy in NY

12. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Gene we are so happy to see your post and know you are doing so well. Praise God, and yes, we will keep praying. Michael and Jane

13. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

That's great news Gene. Good to hear from you so soon. This has to be a first on ts.com. Fellow trapshooter gets operation and responds to friends on line while still in hosptial. Ha! Somebody has a laptop and the hospital must have a connection. Take care.

14. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Thanks for letting us know so soon Gene. I'll bet this is going to be one of the best if not the best Christmas ever for you and your family. Praise God for his answers! Merry Christmas! Mike.

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gene- cant believe you are up to using a computer- must be a laptop and they must have wireless huh?

I have a friends wife that went through this a couple of years ago and she appears free and clear now- wishing the same for you

Best wishes from Iowa

Gene

16. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Got your emails. Glad things are better. Merry Christmas!

17. TC

TC TS Member

Great news Gene! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Tony

18. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Praise The Lord. I am happy for you Gene. Still going to pray for you and hope to meet you at the Illinois state shoot...............Roger

19. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

congratulations on the good news you will be up & at,m before you know it happy hoildays dwain

20. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Good guy(s) win again! Glad to hear the good news, Gene....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.