1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gen McChrystal & Gen MacArthur

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Looks like another respected Gen will bite the dust. Too bad he forgot to look at the UCMJ when he was sitting on the throne. Gen. who made similar mistakes. Patton, MacArthur & now McChrystal.

Phil Berkowitz

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Stick foot in mouth ----- taste dirty toe.

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

McChrystal guilty of telling it like it is and not kissing Obama's/Bidens ass....

Comparisons to Gen Patton and McArthur show lack of knowledge on the subject....

Typical for today...

Chas.

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I agree with Chuckles - and considering the loss of American life, I am also glad something got out there that was not under control of the washington spin doctors. the obiden crew has already fired the guy who arranged the "interview". First - the families of the troops who are at risk deserve to hear both sides of a story. The taxpayers (like me) also deserve to hear both sides and be able to make a judgement if we are just wasting lives or we are actually going to get the bad guys.

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Gen McChrystal may be our nxt. president---He has my vote---sjb---

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

He's got my vote too...maybe not too kosher for him to step on his boss's big toe, but too bad! Somebody has to tell it like it is for a change.

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

He could run an excellent campaign and tell the American people the whole story with Hussein standing on stage with him. Would love to see it. Only problem is he already has stated he voted for Hussein. How does he get away from that blunder?

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

As a commissioned officer of the US military, he swore an oath to be loyal to the flag, uphold the constitution and fight any enemy that would stand against this country, and insure the safety of the union. In my humble opinion, he has remained true to his oath. I hope he gets a medal of honor.

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

"fight any enemy that would stand against this country" And that would be a Muslim from within in this case.

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

BAD has it right---A muslim within---sjb---

11. tcherry

tcherry TS Member

Just a little reminder for those that haven't served and may be misinformed what the oath for a commisioned officer might be, what the UCMJ says about things or the requirements for the Medal of Honor.

First the oath "I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

So fight any enemy isn't there.

888. ART. 88. CONTEMPT TOWARD OFFICIALS
    Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Actually there is no freedom of speech in the military. When we serve, we take the oath to defend the constitution, but we aren't covered by it, our rights are provided by the UCMJ.

And when someone talks about the Medal Of Honor, please don't confuse giving an interview to what others have done to earn this honor as I quote "It is bestowed on members of the United States armed forces who distinguish themselves "conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his or her life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States".

All hyperbole aside, this is reserved for out true heros, who more often than not have paid with their life and not some throw away award for any kind of political statement.

Not telling anyone what they should or could say, just trying to clear up what I have seen as factually incorrect information being posted. As retired military myself, thought this might be helpful to those that haven't served.

12. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

What would the UCMJ say to do if we had a leader like Hitler???sjb---

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

As I opened with it is a violation of the UCMJ, too bad our troops may be without the only really competent combat General that is around these days. I left the service when Carter was Pres., got back in when Reagan was Pres. I hate to see our troops in harms way with Obama at the helm of our military. I would never reenlist if I was on active duty or in the reserves with this Pres.

Phil Berkowitz

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

You are correct but "defend the constitution of the U.S.against all enemies foreign and domestic" is really the same. And in this case the enemy is domestic.

15. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

To get things straight. Barry Obama is not our president. He has never showed any cradentials as his Natural Born or forigen born.
    The general never made any mistakes or blunders with his statements.
    What about the other fellow that was facing cortmarital for refusing Barry Obama's order. The regime know they don't have what is a secure document on Barry. The fellow never refused an order from the president. He stated if they ould prove Barry was our president he would carry out the orders.

16. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I served and sacrificed - do not mistake my comments with ignorance. I know what the "oaths" are and what they mean. I stand by comments -

"I agree with Chuckles - and considering the loss of American life, I am also glad something got out there that was not under control of the washington spin doctors. the obiden crew has already fired the guy who arranged the "interview". First - the families of the troops who are at risk deserve to hear both sides of a story. The taxpayers (like me) also deserve to hear both sides and be able to make a judgement if we are just wasting lives or we are actually going to get the bad guys."

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I don't think the bad guys are too worried about us---We told them we will be out nxt yr---They will just sit back and wait---Now that is wasting lives in my opi___sjb---

18. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Maybe Obama is just inviting McChrystal and Biden over to the White HOuse for a Beer.

tom

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If I was McChrystal I'd tell Obama to take this job and shove it......

20. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

President Lincoln finally found a general he liked in General Grant because to quote President Lincoln "He fights". When President Lincoln heard of General Grant's drinking problem, his reaction was to suggest that General Grand send his favorite brand of whiskey to the North's other generals. In short, President Lincoln knew what was important and what was not.

The Civil War was brought to a end because General Grant waged a continuous battle against General Lee from mid 1864 to the end. In the process, General Grant suffered a great number of casualties but so did General Lee. In the end, the North simply had more assets than the South.

Generals Grant and Sherman waged all out war and brought the Civil War to a decisive end. President Lincoln did not tie their hands.

General McChrystal IMO made a big mistake in allowing a reporter access to himself and his staff in such an informal manner. This error will probably cost him his job. Yet, to quote President Lincoln's opinion of Grant, "He fights."

IMO, the ball is now in President Obama's court. The Afgan war is now his war and the lives of over 100,000 American troops are in President Obama's hands.

The issue is now what action will President Obama will take.

IMO, General McChrystal will be hard to replace and the timelines for ending the surge should be scrapped.

Let the American troops win.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.