1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GE to halt gun shop financing........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Hopeful an American company will pick them up...

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I caught the tail end of an iterview of a GE spokesperson , they said als Bank of America and Wells Fargo doing the same thing. Jeff

3. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Thats great! Since GE distanced themselves from servicing loans to small legitimate gun store business owners, I will distance myself from buying any GE products.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Right on Straight 50. Bye Bye GE. HMB

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

GE is so embedded throughout our daily lives, unless you're a hermit, it is nearly impossible to not use GE in some form or another. If it's not a direct appliance, it's a medical device or some form of financing.

One just has to pick up the phone, or type an email or letter and respectfully remind of who uses their services...

Jay

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Jay,

Are you saying, do nothing? HMB

7. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

hmb,

I think what "spitter" is saying is "One just has to pick up the phone, or type an email or letter and respectfully remind of who uses their services."

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

And I say, "actions speak louder than words." HMB

9. thunder

thunder Active Member

If you have any credit cards through GE Financal(which many stores use)call and cancel them and tell them why. Also any accounts with Wells Fargo and Bank of America go somewhere else, cancel credit cards, loans move to other banks and any savings or cds move em. This is what we the gun owners and all Americans has to do to these companies. They think they have us but they don't.

10. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

The shooting sports and related businesses are a multi billion dollar industry. If GE believes they can make more profit and interest financing other businesses thats fine. Who really needs them in our sport anyway? There will be plenty of others who want a piece of the shooting industry, and I'll be happy to patronize those companies all I can.

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Isn't it ironic that GE builds those electric quad .50s, but won't finance guns shops anymore?

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

We can stop buying GE branded appliances, not watching NBC, change all light bulbs to non-GE, but it's hard to avoid GE in medical, energy, financial, insurance, transportation, computer, media, military weapons, and building industries etc. directly and indirectly through GE subsidiary.

I'm a GE shareholder for many years, GE is everywhere, in almost every business related to our daily life.

13. emkaybee

emkaybee TS Member

People shouldn't be able to finance a gun. If you can't afford to pay cash/payoff your credit card, you shouldn't be buying it anyways.

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

People can finance whatever purchase they want, this is America.

GE, BOA ain't the only game in town, Free markets will always find a way to replace unwilling lenders.

15. thunder

thunder Active Member

GE Financial is one division of a huge corporation. Stop using that division and make it less profitable and they will either change policy or sell it off. When people on here say you can't do something because they are too big you fall right into their mentality of power. I really like the defeatists attitude in our country lately. Glad I didn't have that attitude going through my path in life

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

financing trap gun