1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** GC7 TOP SINGLE ***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Battista, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The SKB GC-7 top single 34" was designed to give the BT-99 shooters another choice for a gun. The GC-7 is designed as a single shot only. You can't add O/U barrels at a later time. The guns come with nicer wood, back bored barrels, forcing cones are done, a Greener type cross bolt lock up that doesn't wear out with time, three choke tubes and a better warranty / service than Browning. I sell them for $1399.00
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

they are a lot nicer looking than a bt does it have a hefty stock the bts have such a narrow light cheap looking stock whats poi?

3. shollz

shollz TS Member

My dad and I both ordered new ones about 5 weeks ago. We really love them. My dad got the left handed Monte carlo and I got a straight right hand stock. They do shoot flat though. But the way I have my comb set, it shoots exactly like my 870 TC does. They are a stout gun and the recoil is very low in my opinion, but remember I am coming from an 870. It comes with 3 briley extended tubes. Light Mod, full, and trap full.

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

If o/u barrels can't be added, is the top single on a different frame from the GC7 unsingle and o/u guns? Or is it just that o/u barrels aren't available for it. What I am asking is if this a true single barrel with a single barrel frame. Thanks

5. shollz

shollz TS Member

I believe the frames are designed the same, but the undersingle has the guts for another barrel. The Over single only has the top firing pin. Same trigger though I believe, just with a non-movable selector. Rob at SKB said this was done to keep the cost down. The Undersingles are about a grand more because of the guts, rib, and the grade 2 engraving and wood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.