1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GB 410 Hulls Not Sold

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by k3uro, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3uro

k3uro Member

0   0   0

Good Morning,

I do not know what 410 and 28 gauge hulls are worth, but there are a lot of auctions on Gun Broker that do not sell. I reviewed a couple weeks worth of completed auctions and there were a lot of no sale items.

Some are willing to pay 20 cents a piece but a lot are not.

Take care,

Jim

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I buy OF AAHS 28ga whenever i can find them for 15c/ea or less, and I can get all the STS .410s OF I can handle locally for 14c, or sometimes a little less online.

Thats the MAX I would ever consider paying, any more than that, and I'll buy factory shells, send in the rebate, and sell the hulls, and the net cost is less than buying the hulls and loading them!

I can get AAHS 28s and 410s for $90/flat locally, so take out $20 rebate and $37.50 hulls, and you can shoot factory for $32.50/flat, or about what it costs to reload them BEFORE you factor in the cost of the hull.

3. Customstox

Customstox Member

0   0   0

Like Skeet_man, I will not pay over $0.15 per each for AA hs 28 and 410 hulls. A few years ago that price was more like $0.12. I will not even buy STS hulls as for me they do not last even half the life of a AAHS hull. The analysis about buying, sending in the rebate and selling the hulls works if you can get them at that price and if the rebate was still going which it is not. Saying that, they have done it for two years in a row but I would not bet on it for next year until you see it in print. I also can not find flats here for $90 and most places are over $11 + a box and no discount for mass purchases. Our ammo sources are poor though. I can get wholesale prices from Graf and Sons shipped to the west coast for $90 a flat and have done that for myself and friends several times.

Most of the high priced hull on gunbroker are from Mike Schmidt and he has no problems waiting for a sucker to bite on his line. They are highly overpriced.

I tried to find a way to look for completed items and the only thing I could find was a category for "going going gone" and none of the auctions were completed.

4. k3uro

k3uro Member

0   0   0

I purchased a batch from a fellar out in WA for a good price. They were the old Peters, load great and they were cheap enough. Sure wan't 15 cents each.

I guess the market will take care of itself. If there are folks out there willing to pay some ammount than that is the market.

The rest of us will just have to learn how to ajust.

Jim

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

I bought about 6+ flats of AA 28 & .410 for $8-9 flat,1 Fed Gold Medal 28 for$65,flat AA 20 ga for $60,sent in the rebates & have $4-7 a box in all. Came from sales,closeouts,buddies & Graf deals. Just got to watch & buy when you can. If you see rebates next year buy a bunch from a place like Graf's,send to a business address,much cheaper,I sent mine to my gun shop no charge by owner. Have some friends do the same & get your rebates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.