1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gays in the military

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

There is one aspect that has been over looked. It is the power structure of small commands.

i have knowledge of a commanding officer of a boomer who was gay. He would have very junior officers report to his cabin for special instructions. Their careers could be terminated with a really bad fitness report. The overheads on a boomer had a crawl space and an IC electrician was working in that space and head & witnessed one incident.

Needless to say, I was watching the history chanel several years ago & almost kicked in the set when I saw the same CO on the screen & notice he had retired as a Vice-Admiral.

Phil Berkowitz ICC(SS) Ret--USNR

2. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

What's a boomer?

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

A Boomer is a Fleet Ballistic Submarine--Went from Polaris, Poseiden, and now Trident

Phil Berkowitz

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Wrong is wrong but you are a bit confused about the the role of this person's sexuality in that equation. The problem was mis-use of the authority given to him by the navy. Question - if everyone knew what was going on , including you, why was it allowed to continue? I'm sure the navy wouldn't tolerate it if they had knowledge of it.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

O-6 trumps E-7, also without additional witnesses, wouldn't happen. Most likely the young 0-1 &0-2 officers would be accused of being gay also. Their careers would have been over.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.