1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

"Gay Marriage" and Stuff

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Do I care if two dudes want to get naked and roll around on the bearskin rug? Not really. But "Gay Marriage" isn't about that.

On the Chick-Fil-A thread, Tinman88 said,

"Keep in mind this is about changing the MEANING of a word established in every culture in every dictionary since we invented ink.

Call the arrangement any word you create to denote the act. The word 'MARRIAGE' has already been taken."

That was an extremely cogent point.

"Gay Marriage" is not about rights, or discrimination, or benefits or the ability to visit your partner in the hospital -- all these issues can be legally addressed using the terms Civil Union, Partner's Rights or whatever gay people choose to call it. But they specifically choose to target the word "marriage." Why? Exactly why Tinman said -- because they are cleverly trying to redefine the word and dilute its well established meaning. So who cares? It's just a word, right? WRONG. The word "Marriage" has long helped define the culture and core values of successful, civilized societies.

EXAMPLE: Remember when you were a kid and the word "family" meant one thing in every segment of American society? Now, to different segments of America, it means any number of things. In much of African-American culture, for example, the word "family" has come to mean, in part, "father optional." More than 70% of African-American kids are born out of wedlock. Tragically, many of those kids rarely if ever see the sperm donor. How is that working out for them?

Americans better wise-up, because the ongoing erosion or outright abandonment of the basic principles that made America great, such as family, marriage, self-sufficient hard work, limited government, liberty, individualism, and privacy rights is not going to bode well for our kids' and grandkids' futures.

-Gary

PS to the dummies: Again, I'm not anti-gay. I actually lean Libertarian and I'm pretty indifferent about private, closed-door behavior among consenting adults. In fact, I'm quite supportive of ridiculously hot, angry lesbians like Portia de Rossi.

gw22_2008_030358.jpg
  2. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

She should pull that shirt down just a bit - really ugly navel.

rm
  3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That's not an ugly navel, Silly. Ellen Degeneres' tongue ring fell off.

Nonetheless, as you wish...

-Gary

gw22_2008_030360.jpg
  4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

What the gays, who have gained so much over the last few decades, don't understand is that the radicals among them are destroying the very thing that made their acceptance possible. In the act of destroying marriage, which is part of the larger agenda, the radical gays are also destroying western civilization. Wanna see how gays fare in non-western cultures, cultures that don't operate on western standards of civilization? Look at the middle east. Once western civilization in America has been replaced with Godless totalitarianism probably of the Muslim kind, the gays will be hunted down and and exterminated. It was never acceptance the radical gays wanted. It was destruction of western civilization, and when they have achieved that goal they will be exterminated - all of them.

I just rented my home to a gay guy who is nice as can be.
  5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Does his lease include a rider?

-Gary :p
  6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So much attention given to an evolutionary dead end.

Their numbers have increased because of an intensive recruiting campaign and the liberal madness.

When I was a child they sent them to jail. They also sent a guy to jail for living with a woman he was not married to. The law was "Illegal cohabitation". There were a lot of "premature" births too. Sometimes a girl got pregnant and went to visit Aunt Susie for a semester.

Of course that was just the uneducated populace that won World War 2, What did they know?

HM
  7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Another interesting thing about gay people is that they don't seem to have a sense of humor about the hilariousness of the physical part of their twisted little "hobby."

I mean, think about it for a second. Imagine two lesbians toiling away toward a goal that, for many women, is a difficult project in the first place -- and neither of them possessing the tool originally invented for the job.

And the guys? They've got twice the number of tools required, and they're both working on the wrong end of the project.

-Gary
  8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

You people are sick, sick, sick-- ROFLMAO
  9. WS-1

WS-1 Well-Known Member

Yes, John, Gary is truly a cunning linguist.
  10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Oh, that was baaaaddd.
  11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy BAD!!! : )))
  12. hacker

hacker Member

My understanding of marriage from its legal status
    in the USA is this:

Marriage is a contract, but it is different from
    other contracts. Marriage is a 3 way contract.
    The standard 2 way contract, if the two parties
    decide to cancel the contract, they can just tear
    it up and it is gone.

In marriage though, you cannot cancel the contract
    with just the two individuals concerned, if they
    want to divorce. In this contract, there is a third
    party. That third party is the government that
    legally recognizes that union. The government,
    the third party also has to agree to the divorce
    and set the terms of it.

Now why is that? The reason is that children can
    be produced as a result of marriage, and children
    are not recognized as being able to fend for
    themselves. A marriage between a man and a woman
    can produce children. If that marriage is deemed
    to be ended, then who is going to take care of
    the children? This is why the society, the
    government, has stepped in with this three way
    contract. It is to protect the children. So
    this is the legal basis of marriage, it is all
    predicated on the two people entering into
    marriage are able to produce children.

There is no way two homosexuals can produce
    children from their union. To begin with,
    they have to be crazy to want to have a
    third party being able to veto their divorce.
    They got to be crazy to set themselves up
    for alimony. Barney Frank can get plugged
    by her boy friend 10 times a week and this
    person is not going to give birth as a result.
    There is no reason whatever for society to
    be recognizing this contract between Barney
    and her stud friend.

Now whether or not a gay couple, or single
    person can adopt children is another matter
    entirely, and has nothing to do with marriage.
    You can let gay people adopt children, and
    hold them accountable for their support. You
    can let a single person adopt and hold that
    person accountable for support of the child,
    but this has nothing to do with a union between
    two people that are capable of producing
    children.
  13. cnsane

cnsane TS Member

You want baaad: The Govt. spent money to do a study on what makes men gay. Out of all the responses, 85% of them said they were born that way and the other 15% said they just got sucked into it.
  14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Since Hacker mentioned gay adoption, I'll share a related incident from when my wife and I adopted a baby. During the mandatory pre-adoption classes a couple of gay dudes who were adopting asked if they needed to take an HIV test before getting the baby. The lady from the adoption agency told them no - having HIV was not an issue at all - even if one of them actually had it. But when the same agency came over to my house to conduct the required Home Study, they wanted proof that my dog had gotten all its shots. LOL. What a world.

-Gary
  15. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

What Gay couples want is ACCEPTANCE by normal society. Total ACCEPTANCE into society as a normal life style. Everything else is a ruse. If one wants to accept that life style---great. But, no matter how you slice and dice it, the gay life style is not normal. I repeat not normal.
  16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Nuff said.....
  17. slayer

slayer Active Member

Thank you 410 for getting to the heart of the matter. You have it nailed. Bill
  18. steve mainus

steve mainus Active Member

We had a referendem vote here a couple of years ago to define marriage as between one man and one woman. Passed with flying colors. Enough said.

I wanted to end this with something completely tasteless and off color,but you guys all beat me to it. Outstanding work!
  19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Notice the words "one man one woman" since this issue about homo's being legally married is being recognized in some states. What's to stop 1 homo from now taking on 2 or more legal partners in the so called marriage? What about Mormons, will thay be able to pratice polygamy once again?
  20. steve mainus

steve mainus Active Member

Toolmaker hit it on the head. That is the disgusting slippery slope this will slide down eventually. They all say no, but we know better. The first wierdo to show up at the courthouse with two disgusting occupy women, and one sheep will have an ACLU lawyer with him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.