1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gateway Gun Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trapshooter01, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter01

Trapshooter01 TS Member

Anybody know when the Gateway gun club in Hazelwood Missouri going to open?
    As a native of the area, and now a frequent visitor I go by there every trip in town and never see anything going on.
    Always end up at St.Louis skeet and trap which is ok but about 50 miles out of the way

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

The owners would also like to know when it will open,,,????
    This has been going on for almost 3 years, I too wish it would open,,

3. Trapshooter01

Trapshooter01 TS Member

Hard to say from the hwy looks like 8 to 10 of them. I moved away three and a half years ago and they were working on the site for two years before I moved
    Getting so it's nothing but a big joke

4. motrap

motrap Member

The many delays have been frustrating ...... but it is getting very close to being completed now .......

They have 9 newly constructed combination trap and skeet fields .... with a Pat trap trap and a pair of Pat skeet traps already mounted in every field ......

Remodeling and construction on the clubhouse, and extensive improvement to the grounds is nearly complete .......

Bottom line, with an excess of 1/2 million already spent ....... it will open soon.......

The wait will have been worth it when the facilities are opened, they are exceptional ........

5. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I would look for an opening in April, Yes, this year. A few last minute "glitches" still plague the opening. ALL Permits and code problems have been taken care of. (as I understand it) -- (note disclaimer) -- LOL....merlyn......

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Looking forward to it,,was a great place to shoot in the past, I'm sure it will be even better now, thanks Rudy, Jim

7. jrb

jrb Member

Jim

From the crowd and reaction to the shoot on the friday after Thanksgiving.....the wait will be well worth it. This club will be run very well and well supported!

How are the shoulders Jim? Shooting or fishing this year?

J. R.

8. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Where at in St., louis is this located..
    Thanks
    Scott

9. Trapshooter01

Trapshooter01 TS Member

Hwy 370 and Missouri Bottom Road close to St.Louis Mills can easily see it from the west bound side of the hwy

10. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

JR, shoulders are doing good (I'll never do that again) hopefully I'll be doing both fishing and shooting, since I bought a new boat I MUST FISH lol,,

11. jrb

jrb Member

Jim

Do you still have Travis and mine's trophies from the team shoot a couple years ago?

Are you shooting the team shoot this year?

I just started a new job so hopefully my trapshooting budget will increase. After having major back surgeries right after the last 2 mo state shoots and a broken leg after that in 06...I am looking for a surgery free shooting season and hopefully return to form. Travis should be recovered from his shoulder surgery so hopefully we'll have a strong year dedicated to shooting. Of course that is if I get my so called "yard passes"!!!

J. R.

12. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Is it north of 70 and if so, how far up is it. And will they have RV electrical hookups? Just curious, as I work in the area a couple of times per year and am always looking for a place to park. Am willing to pay up front for installation of a 30 or 50 amp plug. Just let me know where to send a check. Steve

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

JR, yes your clocks are safe,lol, What date is the team shoot? Probably the third weekend in March I would guess.
    I'm fishing Norfolk Lake in Arkansas the 1st w/end but I'll be at the lake the rest of March. E-mail me if you need to,,

14. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Steve; Take I370 north of I70 about 4-5 miles east till you cross the Mo. river and it in the next exit East of the river (Earth City) and turn North about 1/2 mile to the club entrance........merlyn.....I sense that you are comming from the west.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.