1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gasoline price conspiracy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smartass, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartass

smartass TS Member

Gas prices are down and it's all Bush's fault.

2. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Gas prices up, gas prices down...it has nothing to do with Bush. If he dropped dead tomorrow nobody would notice until his rotten corpse began to stink.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Consider the source.

Don

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

Hey boys, whenever anything bad happens it always Bush's fault. It's about time he got credit for something good. While you dim bulbs are at it, look in the dictionary for the word "facetious". Who knows, maybe you'll learn something- Big DumDum excepted.

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Yep, I agree. Here we are just at the beginning of the summer travel season and gasoline prices are FALLING. What else could it be but a conspiracy between BIG OIL and the White House? (wink)

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I do not see gas prices falling here in Idaho. Maybe Bush hasn't made the call here yet.

7. TC

TC TS Member

Sure glad prices have come down, crisis is over!

However it seems like prices are still about a dollar higher than last year?

Is somebody trying to fool us?

8. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

actually..prices have dropped because a few refinery's have come back online. THere were several down for a month or so catching up on maintenance that got sidelined last year trying to make up for the Katrina catastrophe. At least as i understood it on an economic radio show.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Actually, President Bush, as the figurehead of our Government, can be justly criticized for high gasoline prices. Oil companies make about 15 cents per gallon profit and the state and federal taxes are over 50 cents per gallon.

Pat Ireland

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yeah, right. down 20 cents after being up a dollar.

Same shit, different shovel.

HM

11. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

back when clinton was president a law was passed concerning oil companies being exempted from paying the govt royaties on oil discovered on govt land. this was an oversight by clinton & the REPUBLICAN congress. bush has had nearly 8 years to correct this .which the govt, would get millions & millions in royayties . he has failed to do this as his trust fund would lose out on royaties .his trust fund currently receives nearly 25 million a month in royalties. him & cheney aren,t totally to blame for the high prices but anyone that thinks they don,t have a hand in high oil prices is goofy. i sure don,t remember any terrorist activity in iraq when saddam run the place. the only ones who profit from this war are big business republicans.if they wanted to stop the terrorists we should have concentrated in afghanistan better. by the way bush has always said the war in iraq was partially because of 9/11. i would like one of the republicans to tell me why bush authorized the american govt. to bomb iraq less than 45 days after he was sworn into office in 2001 {which the u.s. did long before 9/11} before you jump all over me do your research about the u.s. bombing iraq long long before 9/11 by the way i am neither a republican or democrat.i am independent. dwain

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

dwain- Above you wrote "i am neither a republican or democrat.i am independent". But after reading your factually inaccurate post I was forced to conclude that you are something other than an independent.

Pat Ireland

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I think people forget that Bush and Chaney are big oil people. My how convenient it is to raise gas prices.

14. smartass

smartass TS Member

I'll take that bet fankie. How about $10,000? No matter what the price of gasoline, you will need to prove that "Bush, Cheney, Halliburton and their 'BIG OIL BUDDIES' are responsible. That should be easy for a genius like you. Ask sammie for advice if you need an expert on stupidity.

15. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

mr. ireland ..what was inaccurate in my statements .

16. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

does anyone remember what vice pres cheney was during the 1st president bush,s term in office. if memory serves me correctly i believe mr. cheney was sec. of defense. again if memory serves me correctly we went to war with iraq at this time because of iraq invading kuwait. twice cheney has been in very powerful positions in washinton DC & twice we have went to war in iraq. cheney is big oil & who makes the big money when they keep the oil producing nations stirred up. i think it would be the big oil companies. dwain

17. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You can explain this crap time and time again to these Bush loving idiots. If it was carved out in there four heads they would still not believe it. It is a waist of your time trying to get the point across to them. They are truly a bunch of idiots with a life sized poster of Bush mounted on the sealing in there bed rooms.

18. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

All the economics, political and petroleum industy experts on this post should consider a quote by, I believe, Abraham Lincoln. It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt(paraphrased).

Buz

19. smartass

smartass TS Member

sammie (goose2), your new handle fits you better yet.

20. phirel

phirel TS Member

dbc61451- Above you wrote"mr. ireland ..what was inaccurate in my statements."
    Lets start with the $25,000,000 per month in royalties paid to President Bush. Tax records from his blind trust clearly show that is not true.

Next, your complaint about oil corporations not paying royalties to the Federal Government. A quick study of corporate economics will demonstrate that no corporation really pays any tax. A corporation does have expenses related to producing a produce. These expenses include taxes. The expenses are added into the price of the product and paid by the consumers.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.