1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GASCAR

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

GASCAR= Great American Stock Car Racing.

Sponsored by Detroits Big-3

2 door rear wheel driven big Horse Power Machines like they used to be.

Stock Cars OLDSMOBILES-CHEVROLETS-DODGES-PONTIACS-FORDS-MERCURY'S-T-BIRDS-
    PLTMOUTH'S-

I can see it now Detroits auto sales are up, big horsepower cars are back,
    safer and faster than ever. 420 Hp and more. Teen Agers are back at the drive-ins showing off their new REAL cars that HAVE REAL ENGINES in them, Engines that RUMBLE and LOPE with their BIG CAMS, LOUDER but not OFFENSIVE exhaust

When was the last time you heard a new car front wheel drive rumble and not those little cars with their FART mufflers on them.

You Heard it here from me.

Dr.Longshot
    Gary Bryant

2. Dr.Longshot

WAKE UP DETROIT we the people are speaking, build 2 door cars and advertise how fast how much HORSEPOWER and good they sound. America will beat your doors down to buy them. Women will be chasing the guys that have the horsepower, and they will be buying the FANCY high horsepower good sounding machines, because they want to put their hands onto power and FEEL it.

Dr.longshot
    Gary Bryant

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I miss that sound as well but I live just off Telegraph road on the outskirts of Detroit. Every night in the spring,summer and fall, we get the privilege of listening to the street racing down Telegraph. It used to be you raced the car you drove or cruised in, now they are unloading the cars from car haulers with blowers and open headers wheelie bars and their own fuel containers, that would rattle your dishes in your cabinets. Basically they have brought their own pro stock cars.

Pretty much from 10pm to 3am it's racing a small strip of about a mile of a very busy street. They resurfaced the street and the cement is perfect for traction.

I used to street race until a good friend of mine got killed when he wrapped his car around a telephone pole. I then decided it was more safer and the results for pinks were uncontested when we raced at Milan drag way or Detroit drag way. We don't have Detroit drag way anymore so I think that's why we are seeing more rods coming in on trailers. I go down to watch the rods every one and a while, just to reminisce years gone by.

Jerbear

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

NASCAR was interesting nack when they called it the Grand National.....cars looked like what you could buy, the manufacturers actually had a hand in designing bodies that they hoped would give them a hand up on the competition and there were "characters" like Junior Johnson, Fireball Roberts and Cale Yarbrough and Smokey Yunick who would add color and excitment to the sport every week..not the namby pamby PC robots they've got drivin' now. I started reading the race reports in Motor Trend in the early 60's and those pages held more exitment that anything NASCAR puts on TV now....

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sheeeiiitt...them southern California kids have got cars with 3.1 liter 6 cylinder engines that get 1,000 horsepower...the kind of power few of you old farts have ever tasted...and if you put your old Detroit tubs up against that...they'd blow your doors off...and haul your ass away!

6. yenko

yenko TS Member

buzz-gun your not comparing apples to apples, apply todays techno to the old motors and they wont stand a chance.take the old cars off the showroom and todays fartmakers off showroom and they still dont stand a chance.hmm lets see what breed of honda,acura,toyota,make 450hp out of the box? gm did with the ls6,mopar did with the 426 hemi,ford did with the cobrajet 429s,.and still ran a 13 sec 1/4 on bias ply l78 14" tires.

7. acre44

acre44 Member

Show me a 3.1 liter making 1,000 horsepower.

8. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

buzzgun, I never tasted an "old fart", what do they taste like?

Of course when I was racing on the street WAY back in the early 70's the things I did with MY Mopar would have made you crap your diaper. I don't care if YOU have 1500 HP. If you don't have the balls to do something with it, you might as well sit on the curb and clap.

Why is it every time we "old" people start to talk about the good old days some kid has to jump in with a wiseass remark?

Guess I just answered my own question. Thirty eight years ago I was that smartass kid.

AJ100

9. Dr.Longshot

Chrysler is bringing back the CHALLENGER w/420 Hp

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And when those 1000 HP Jap boxes get down to the end of the straight and have to turn then what - more than a fart, that's for sure.

11. flylta

flylta TS Member

Any of the fart machines making over 1000hp are pumping a bottle. take anything from the late 60 or early 70's put the same money into it as those kids are and then add a bottle.

My money goes to old school american every time.

The street racing around here has gotten fun. The trailer cars will race pinks with the japs if the bottle is removed. trailers win most of the time, not sure if it is the car or driver, both are older with more experience...

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Those fart machine usually make 1000hp....for 2.5 passes b4 doing thier best Hiroshima imitation....Hemis with the same hop up mads would make about 3500hp...beat that honda...Japanese cars have all the sex appeal of Rosie O'Donnell in her grannies borrowed chin high panties

13. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Calvin, Thank you for that mental image. JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ!

It's gonna take a while for that one to get out of my head.

AJ100

14. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

buzzy, We built our cars with our hands, and know how, not a chip, and a bottle! But I forget, you kids were on the bottle at that time.

Tom R.

15. yenko

yenko TS Member

theres no substitute for cubic inch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry AJ...sometimes I get carried away making my point hehehe

17. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Buzzgun is talking about twin turbo charged and sometimes nitrous oxide injected computer controlled rice burning front wheel drive cars. Yes they are out there. Go to U-TUBE and search street racing. Alot of these cars can run low 8s and even high 7 second passes at the track. Out on a country road is another story and this is where the "wrapped around a telephone pole " comes into play. I feel I am very fortunate as I was a die hard street racer for money for along time. I did it cause I loved working on cars and going fast. When you get pulled over by the cops and they tell you to put 4 mufflers on it, or you go thru the drive thru and it rattles the windows at Taco Bell so hard that a 3 year old kid jumps over the table into his moms arms, then you probably had a fast car. Cars with parachutes probably don't belong on the street! Don

18. oz

oz Active Member

NASCAR is a joke. they DO have big power rear wheel drive cars on the track. Unfortnatly these are basically concept cars as you or I cannot buy one. 99% of detroit junk are front wheel drive mouse cars. in the day detroit had to build 500 cars for sale to the public in order to race them on the track. not anymore. they just go to Bob's house of race cars, buy a race car chassis and bolt on their corporate body. it is a sham/scam. drag racing is similar, everyone uses a hemi that not even chrysler makes anymore and they are unbeliveably rear wheel drive???? oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.