1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas prices?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shot410ga, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Well I saw $3.49 for unleaded today. And that's on the Gulf Coast, where all the rigs are..

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3.85 in Thousand oaks California. Diesels almost 5.00 a gal

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

3.55 central Indiana

4. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

$3.39 Moes Lake .Wa diesel ,,$3.93 Mx8Dave

5. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

$0.439 Oregon
    [​IMG]

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

$3.39/Regular Unleaded in Southern IL today. $3.59/Premium at Caseys.

Matt

7. neofight

neofight TS Member

$3.99 this afternoon for diesel, it was $3.89 yesterday. We're heading out with the 5th wheel, regardless. Arizona here we come. May have to sell off my coin collection to pay for the trip, but that's okay.

8. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Our economy is getting better so says our president. Does he think this gas hike helps? Unemployment in our state is 10% and food and gas keep going up to where normal people can't make it. Probably doesn't look so bad if your sitting in Washington. Why doesn't the US do something? We have enough oil stockpiled in this country to ease the demand till they figure out what to do with the middle east, Or how about since we are rebuilding Irag they don't take a little oil from them? I think the US government doesn't care anymore about the people

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

The taxes on fuel today is high.

10. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

The little oil company's need to make a profit. ooooh did I say most politicians are in Oils Back pocket, talk about a monopoly? there motto is "Whats wrong I have money and drive big gas guzzler", you people need to get a Life or better job and don't tell me there's no work, we put Zillings into creating jobs for you!!!!!!!!

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Remove the farm subisides on corn and beans. Ethnol cost 7.00 a gallon to produce and the return is about 3.50 on the gallon so the gov. (you) kick in another 3.50 to break even.
    Take away the subisides and you will see all foods go down plus gas and many thing. I know this will upset a lot of people but its like the national debt. Fact is theirs no money so quiet taking the money from people that don't have money.

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Looks to me like the profit margin on gasoline is lower than most other things we spend our money on and yet we pay for the other things in life without much complaint. If the truth be known I'd bet that the price of gas could double and it wouldn't seriously affect the life style of 80 percent of ATA tournament trapshooters and yet that is what get's the most gripes as they pull their Escalades behind their monster motor homes.

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Around $4 in Alberta.....I saw $2.99 for mid grade last week in Montana...

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Filled up today, $3.299 per gal.

Curt - Delaware

15. quartering

quartering Active Member

this is much better than watching lead prices: la. 8 am. $3.65. la. noon. $3.75. la. now. $3.83. have a pleasant rest of the evening

16. kriegart

kriegart Member

349.9 In Akron,Ohio

17. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

$355.09 in Superior Wisconsin and we have a refinery in our town. They all belong in Prison right next to Bernie Madoff!!!! my two cents

18. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

American Oil - can you believe this!!!!!!?

OIL - you better sit down... Here's an interesting read, important and verifiable information: About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together." Please read below.
    The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota , and extreme eastern Montana ...... check THIS out:

http://bakkenshale.net/bakkenshalemap.html
    The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5..3 trillion.
    "When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst. "
    This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada .. For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves.... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!
    That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!
    U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006
    Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?
    They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official estimates:
    - 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
    - 18-times as much oil as Iraq
    - 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
    - 22-times as much oil as Iran
    - 500-times as much oil as Yemen
    - and it's all right here in the Western United States .
    HOW can this BE?
    HOW can we NOT BE extracting this?
    Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?
    James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.
    Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?
    Got your attention yet?

19. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

supply and demand. Thats ok in a world without a monopoly. Problem is the US oil companies get buy with it cause they buy the oil from foriegn countries at inflated prices. In the US that is not allowed. That why the oil companies are not complaining about the drilling mortorium.
    Prices are fixed in back door deal with the Mideast oil countries.
    Oil is something the world cannot run out of although you are lead to believe that there could be a shortage. Its just people are not educated in this field.
    If I was making big profits on oil why would I care what the price of food will cost. I can still afford it while the less fortunate withstands more taxes. After the permits are secured then don't drill.
    Theirs alot more to this subject but this is just an insight. Bill

20. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

What we should be pissed is its been 38 years since the gas lines of 1973. Back then cost was not the problem, Supply was the problem. Imagine if gas lines started again. $10./gal.

Its a crime to use oil for anything but motor fuel & lubricants. Its a finite item. Buy stock in oxen & horses.

Phil Berkowitz