1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GAS PRICES.....OUCH

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by max trap, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max trap

max trap Member

Left the house at 7:00 am 3.59 a gallon. Return home 6:00 pm 3.69 a gallon.
    Lincoln, Ne. Thats for ethanol. Reg gas 3.79 a gal...Whats it at where you live? Ed

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3.95 for unleaded thousand oaks calif...

3. dr.t

dr.t TS Member

$3.69 Galon northeast ohio

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Cost a bunch just to cut 2 acres of lawn with the ole' Jhon Hogg Deer.

5. chemist

chemist Member

$4.10 a gallon for
    nonethanol regular,( $3.79 yesterday) $4.98 diesel( 4.48 yesterday)- Edinburg, New York

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

A funny thing happened at the convenience store a week or so ago when I was refueling my car. The guy next to me at the pump was refueling his F350 diesel dually, and the skid steer he was pulling. His bill was something like $110. He went in to pay and he tried to give the clerk a $100 bill and some smaller bills. The clerk told him that the store didn't take $100 bills!!

The store does have a sign that says no $100 bills on the pumps and door leading into the store, but damn with the price of fuel near $4 a gallon a $100 bill ain't that impressive anymore at a gas station. I know they do it for security.

Anyway the guy and clerk argued for a while, and the guy ended up putting it on a credit card.

I was kinda surprised that they would still allow you to pump the fuel before you pay. It is one of the last in our area where you don't have to prepay or pay at the pump.

7. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Regular is $3.34 at the lowest joint here (Cheyenne) to $3.47 at one of the higher joints.

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

My mileage calculator shows I usually get 4 miles per gallon less when they cut our gas with ethanol during the winter - to reduce pollution. What is the mileage difference when using straight ethanol?

Why do they still put a .9 on the price per gallon?

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

$4.64 per gallon in southern Alberta...put on 200 miles going to and from a shoot today....had fun and the roast beef dinner made it worth every mile!!

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

So to save gas jcl, do you go 55 on the interstate where the speed limit is 65-70? I don't know, but if you tried that in Iowa you'd be in danger of getting rear ended. JMHO, Josh.

11. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Went to work Sat. morning desiel was $4.34 , came home that afternoon and it was $4.14 . somebody explain that

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Big Heap, You are always going to get less mileage with ethanol.

There is a move afoot to convince the motoring public that it gets the same or better mileage, but it never has been the case in the last 5 cars I've owned.

Another thing that irks me, is while ethanol is about 10 cents a gallon cheaper, our very own government is subsidizing it to the tune of around 50 cents a gallon.

I say take away the subsidy on ethanol and apply it to gas for us poor folks who have to buy this over priced commodity.

IMHO!

Hauxfan!

13. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I would tell you what the gas prices are in Champaign but I can't see thru the tears. I paid 4.39 for diesel yesterday. I think the gas prices are 3.79 this morning. Doesn't look like they will stop at 4 bucks either. I'll bet before the vacation season is over we will see $5 gas all over the country. The speculators have us under the pencil and the bottom line is profit. I love my truck that I haul the camper with but I'm afraid I'll have to buy a small car to go to work with. The twenty dollar a day 75 mile round trip is getting too much for me. Dan

14. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

My wife has a Dodge Durango with a Hemi and drives it accordingly. She wants a new vehicle so I told her to see what she would get for a trade. Well, guess what abey, we're going to hang onto it and drive it as little as possible and she's to take an egg with her each time she does drives.

15. t-bar

t-bar Member

Reg. gas in Indianapolis, $3.83, afraid to look at the diesel price.

16. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Springfield Missouri is at $3.59 right now. John

17. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Central Ohio 3.79 for 87oct. Premium about 3.95 Diesel 4.19.

Attended the youth shoot at the Cardinal Center Sat. No shortage of large vehicles. Suburbans, 1 Excursion, Dodge 4X4s ,Ford Super Dutys.

Except for 1 Honda Pilot I was the only one driving a Jap car. When we left I let my kid drive and hunkered down in the seat. Oh well, 30-35mpg still sounds good.

Regards...Gerald

18. speed2spare

speed2spare TS Member

Here in sw Wisconsin we are paying $3.73 for the 87 octane. Last week we purchased 2 barrels (110 gallons) of 114 octane for the race car at $5.25/gallon.

19. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Got gas today, reg 87oct. $3.59.9 diesel $4.19.9.

I have been trying to keep speed down. On the interstate I've been driving 70 in the slow lane with posted 75 limit and find myself having to pass slower cars. Even the trucks have slowed it down a notch. I wonder how long until our government imposses the old manditory 55 limit again?

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Get ready boys & girls.....

A recent (today) article on gas pricing indicates that at the present rate of consumption in the U. S., we'll see $200.00 per barrel by next summer.

That will equate to $7.00 per gallon at the pump!

Curt