1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas prices near me this morning

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jim R, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Gas prices near me this morning

[​IMG]

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rhetoric!

Remember when the record gas price average ($4.12) July of 2008, was during Bush's term, and how it then was not Bush's fault. Remember back then how it was not the president that had any control of gas prices. Isn't it funny how things change. LOL.

Oh, by the way, POLITICO!

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It's better! LOL

4. Vickie

Vickie Member

Well they are saying on the news, there is a shortage of "winter blend" gas in California. However, winter hasn't hit here yet. It is supposed to burn cleaner. The news last night showed gas stations around LA, closed because of this shortage, and some just because they refused to pay the high price to get the gas delivered. Yes there are places supposedly selling it around $6.00, but they say they are doing it because they had to pay so much for it, and they wanted it for the customers that really needed it, regardless of the price. The station was empty. I wonder why.

5. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

$3.80 to $3.95 per Gallon on the VT/NH border! What drives me crazy is the price of home heating fuel.....and winter is coming. I may have to go back heating with Wood, and being a dam Yankee I might just do that. American Coal and Foreign Oil have gotten out of hand!

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Paid $3.69 for Shell regular this morning near Ft. Lauderdale.

Eric

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Don't worry, you can just put an Obama windmill on your car to make it go.

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Unleaded 4.69 a gallon in Thousand oaks Cal

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

gas was cheap when obama took office because the economy was in the toilet.

10. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Just a little while ago it's $4.50 a gallon in Big Oak Flat, CA.
    On Hiway 120 on the way to Yosemite. One week ago was $4.18.
    Hurts those of us that live here.

Mike C.

11. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

upper new york state near vermont 4.17 per gallon

12. Wolf172

Wolf172 Member

"gas was cheap when obama took office because the economy was in the toilet."

Well Johnny I guess that explains why the economy is REALLY BOOMIN now huh? My progressive/libtard brother in law said back in May he thought gasoline should be at around $10 a gallon. Said that would get people to thinking about conservation. I really had to agree with him but for the reason that at $10 a gallon just MAYBE some folks would wake up and vote his ilk out.

13. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

When gas hits $10/gallon, you will be surprised at the cost of everything else. Remember, everything in your local supermarket gets there by road.

14. Wolf172

Wolf172 Member

And the left widgens would be screaming about the greedy store owners. Of course if gas hit $10 a gallon the left wingers would be screaming about the greedy oil companies then.

15. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

I just paid, with my wall-mart credit card 3.24/9 greeneville, Tn.

16. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

From CALIFORNIA POLITICAL REVIEW:

Gas Prices Skyrocket in California, Causing Gas Stations to Shut Down
    October 5, 2012 By Wayne Lusvardi

In a scene reminiscent out of the mid-1970’s oil shortages, it is being reported that independent gas stations are being shut down in California due to a shortage of supply and a resulting spike in wholesale gasoline prices.

Bloomberg news is reporting Costco has closed its gas stations in the Los Angeles and San Francisco areas.

San Diego Fox News Station Channel 5 is reporting that gas stations in the San Diego area may be shutdown by Sunday.

Reuters news service is also reporting that Valero Corporation has had to withdraw from the Los Angeles wholesale refined products spot market to assure supplies to its own retail stations.

At $4.90 per gallon for the wholesale price of gas vendors are reporting that there is no profit margin left even if they have gas.

This is reportedly an unexpected short-term crisis due to another one of California’s infamous “perfect storms” of events:

California refineries are going through their seasonal Kabuki dance of converting to a different blend of fuel for the coming winter months to comply with clean air regulations.
    A fire at Chevron’s Richmond refinery also has compounded the supply problem. The Richmond refinery is the largest in Northern California and has had to run at reduced production levels since a fire on August 6.
    An Oct. 1 power failure at Exxon Mobil Company’s Torrance refinery.
    Chevron’s Kettleman-to-Los Medanos Pipeline from refineries in the Central Valley to the San Francisco Bay area has been shut down since mid-September after elevated levels of organic chloride were discovered in the oil. Organic chloride was formerly used by oil producers as a wax dissolver and is considered to be a contaminant. Organic chlorides can cause damaging corrosion to oil processing facilities in a matter of weeks.
    Phillips 66 has a scheduled shutdown of its processing units at its Rodeo and Los Angeles refineries.

“It’s a series of unfortunate events,” said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for Oil Price Information Service. “This is not something that is going to last for months. This is something that is going to last for days or weeks.”

A waiver has been requested from state regulators to expedite the fuel conversion process for winter-grade gasoline.

(Wayne Lusvardi is a political commentator and writes for CalWatchdog. Originally posted on CalWatchdog.)

17. RayReys

RayReys Member

I paid 3.71 in Nevada just outside of Vegas on our way to Spring Mountain Motorsports for a trackday this past weekend....then came back to Cali and paid 4.09...then two days later, 4.thirty something...now today: 4.61 for regular...yay.

18. pca7ggr

pca7ggr Member

Today is the day that the oil companies make their annual contribution to the CA politicians.

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Oil is a global commodity. As the value of the dollar plummits due to excessive printing and debt, it takes more dollars to buy oil on the global market.

If Israel pounds the Iranian nuclear facilities, you ain't seen nothing yet. There will be panic buying and stockpiling of oil. $7 - $8 gas??

If this "growing economy" is fake, it won't matter. All growth will cease. Expect negative growth.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Down by the beach in delaware this week...3.79 for reg but since it was a hotrod cruise weekend they were raping guys who were only able to use premium for $4.45 at a couple stations..price gouging at its finest..don't even ask what they were asking for racing gas