1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas prices down, reloading componets down?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Recently, gas prices in my area have gone down to $3.28 per gallon. To date, I have not seen shot or other reloading componets drop in price in my area. Obviously, inventory purchased at higher prices need to be sold before we see a potential drop in price.

With winter around the corner, anybody venture to guess as what shot prices will be this winter? Do you think shot and reloading componets will cost less than last winter?

If not, any idea on how low gas prices need to be before we see a noticeable change in prices?
    Steve Balistreri

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

SS-- Down???? they just went up 15 cents a gallon here in Ga. OVERNIGHT. Had to take wife to Houston a couple weeks ago (cancer check-up) pd. from $2.97 to $3.29 had been about $3.18 here until Thurs. then Fri. morning $3.29 to $3.45 OUCH!!!! Ross Puls

PS Keep up the good work in school.

3. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Gas is still $3.81 here in Pasco Wa. Never did go down. Enjoy the cheap fuel. JW

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

While in Myrtle Beach I paid $3.12 a gallon for fuel. I arrived back home in South Georgia and it was down to $3.37 a gallon and that's where it is now. It was 15 cents a gallon less for fuel in Jacksonville, Fl this past week which is almost unheard of as Florida prices are usually 10 to 15 cents a gallon higher. Jackie B.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

"Obviously, inventory purchased at higher prices need to be sold before we see a potential drop in price."

Doesn't work that way with gasoline so why should it work that way for anything else. Also, not everyone purchases inventory at the same time.

6. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

In Montana gas is 3.63 for 88 octane 3.53 for 85 octane--bend over

7. Edbird99

Edbird99 TS Member

Around 3.35$ here in Northwest Indiana....nobody seems to remember or care that it was 1.84$ the day Obama took over...I guess it's still Bush's fault?

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Just watch the price of crude oil and it will give you an idea where fuel prices are heading. Crude has gone up $6 in the past few weeks.

9. capvan

capvan Active Member

Sorry, but I don't plan on seeing reloading components prices going down, ever. Manufacturer's/distributors/stores know we will pay whatever it takes for our hobby...

cap

10. leadvail

leadvail Member

Bought 5 bags of west coast at sportsmans in denver @ 42.99 to use up my last 5 $10 off coupons that I had last week. They are down to just a few bags because a new order is coming in with an increase. Folks cleaned them out. Hope its wrong. Good Luck!!

Bob

11. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

Yup no price break unless you buy 5 tons,maybe

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Ross:
    I hope your wife stays well. Both my wife and I have experienced getting Cancer. We live one day at a time.
    Steve

Regarding the price of shot. Years ago when shot was $15.00 a bag, a friend of mine found out about a shooter who had passed away. He talked to the shooter's wife and her husband had a skit of Remington shot in his basement.

There had been some water damamge in the shooters basement, and he told me that some of the shot in the bags were fused together in clumps, as I never heard of that happening? Regardless, he purchased the shot for $7.00 per bag and he sold it at the area gun club for $10.00 per bag.

Now that I think of it, I have not seen Remington shot in the Miwaukee area for years??? If someone was selling shot for $10.00 a bag today, I would empty out my savings and borrow money and purchase as much as I could. Those were the days.

One Sunday Vic Reinder's and I were shooting skeet as he was telling me if shot ever went to $10.00 a bag, the shooting sports would have a mass exhodus. Old Vic would never believe the prices we pay today for reloading componets.
    Steve

13. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Price of fuel (93 octane) here in northern NJ has gone down from $3.99 to $3.63 in three weeks. Regular goes for $3.15.

14. gotbass

gotbass Member

Redding CA about 3.79 for regular and pushing 3.90 plus for name brand ethel. Never goes down here but a few cents.

15. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Last week in northern In. in one town I seen gas as low as 2.86 and high as 3.35. Next town to the east was 3.49 and 3.51. next town to the east was 3.55 to 3.59.
    The first town had a gas war and you could watch the price like a yoyo. Within a few hrs the price was back to 3.35 from the 2.86. If there is that much of a spread and they still make a profit what the hell is the real price for the wholsalers. Rip off. Wild Bill

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

3.54 here in northern Mi. for reg.

17. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

$3.189 for 87 SoCal. I expect it to rise in the next two weeks.

Surfer

18. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

SS I'm telling my age, but when I started re-loading shot was $4.50 a bag (yes 25#) when it went to &7.50 I quit shooting for a year or so, then started again then it got up to $12.00 I quit again etc. etc. now it's $40.00 but I'm still shooting the last of my $20.00 stuff that I thought was outrageously priced but heard that it was going t $25.00 or more so I bought ahead on a gamble.

Hope you and your wife are doing as well as my wife, her last check-up was clean, I was so happy I cried, yes @ age 70 you can cry. Good luck in school-shoot as often as you can there's no guarantees in this life. Ross

19. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Purchased 8lbs. Green Dot and E3 last week @ $103 and $125 plus tax (Houston). Started reloading in '06 and it has been slowly going up ever since. If you purchase flats in mid-august right before dove season, it's a wash between reloading and factory ammo.

20. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My theory has been $4.00 gas goes with $40.00 shot. They are both commodities so they should move in tandem. Well gas here in central Indiana got down to $3.20 but shot is still north of $40.00! So much for that theory.

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.