1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas price

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3dram8, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

$1.649 in SW Michigan. ....Rick

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Why isn't Bush being blamed for these low gas prices?

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

how about 1.35 in st.louis mo,,,,,

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

regular=1.63 central KS

5. 1dudley

1dudley Member

159.9 in Columbia, SC.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Around $2 for 87 in Ft. Lauderdale.

Eric

7. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

$1.57 in Amarillo, Tx

Jerry Walker

8. X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR TS Member

How much does 10% or more of ethenol lower the gas price and how much
    do you feel that it lowers your mpg.

9. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

$1.60 in Moberly Missouri

Allen

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Just goes to show that there is absolutely no gas shortage that isn't created but for one reason and that's to drive the price up. There has never been a good reason for gas to be over $2 a gallon here in the US.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

World wide demand decreased. Supply increased. Prices went down. Is this a surprise? Consumers have as much influence on prices as suppliers.

Pat Ireland

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

How come the price of shot didn't drop like the price of gas. HMB

13. TjayE

TjayE Member

Pat, you forgot to mention that they are adding ETHENOL to our gasoline to help bring the price of gas lower. This also lowers the feul economy MPG of your vehicle. Tom

14. 5spd

5spd TS Member

With 10* ethanol in the gas at a few stations that I use I still get 36-38 mpg., the same with gas with no ethanol, it does not effect the mpg in my car. Same with my truck, no difference in mgp use.
    $1.49 in Cheyenne.

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

16. Eyemissum

Eyemissum TS Member

$1.69 for regular here in central N.C.

17. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

2.11 is the cheapest i've seen yet in rochester ny. I thought it'd just about leveled off @ 2.63, but it seems to just keep going down :-D

18. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

TjayE:

Suppliers have been mixing gasoline (90%) and alcohol (10%) for for a long time. Finding a 100% gas is a challenge in my part of the world.

hmb:

As the price of a commodity changes, retail prices for products based on the commodity change as well. How fast retail responds is determined in large part by the length of the supply chain, The longer the pipeline, the long it takes before consumers see the impact.

Compared to the massive amount of motor fuels we use, there is relatively little storage capacity in the system. Elapsed time from when a barrel of crude comes out of the ground and when the refined products from that barrel are delivered to a retailer is short. That's why a disruption anywhere (hurricane, refinery explosion, etc.) results in an almost immediate price change.

By comparision, lead has a long shelf life and occupies very little storage space. The turnover rate between lead production and ultimate consumption of lead products is much slower. Nevertheless, in both cases, when the higher (or lower) priced stuff is gone, it is replaced by cheaper (or higher) priced stuff.

hoggy:

In the U.S. economy price is determined by supply, demand, and production costs. During the late 60's or early 70's the federal government - in its infinite wisdom - set price caps on gas. The caps were the government's response to inflation. Inflation was of course, also created by the fed's.

Truth is, price caps didn't mean poop until the cost of production started to approach the capped price. Production then slowly ground to a halt. If you're old enough, you may remember gas stations running out of gas and long lines of motorists at other stations waiting and hoping to get some before THAT station ran out.

I remember a tv interview of a Texan wildcatter. When asked about shortages of heating fuel stocks in the northeast states, his less than diplomatic response was, "Let them yankees freeze". It would have been more informative and certainly less inflamatory if he had responded, "I didn't create this shortage, the feds did. Why would you or the feds expect me to produce at a near zero rate of return?"

OPEC has manipulated crude production as long it has existed. Member countries keep whining about fifty-some dollar per barrel prices. They also keep crabbing that they are going to drop production by at least a million barrels a day to force prices back up.

The problem for cartels is that they are voluntary organizations. OPEC members each have a production quota which they agree not to exceed. They always cheat. The strategy is "let other members drop production to jack up prices and we'll sneak extra oil on the market when they do."

------------

I filled up Sunday at $1.68. Price dropped a nickel on Monday.

sissy

19. TjayE

TjayE Member

5spd, I can guarantee you that with 10% ethenol added to gasoline, you will get less MPG than with gasline with no ethenol added. TjayE

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

The folks that think it was all a big gouge will still think that. They probably voted for Obama cause he is gonna fix everything