1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gas jokes, not funny

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hawk57, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

I'd have to say all 3 are taking advantage.
    Remember this: USA = CAPITALISM
    Definition: "generally refers to an economic system in which the means of production are mostly privately owned and operated for profit"

Hawk,

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Any of those driving big trucks for no reason (95% don't haul anything) deserve it!

3. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

i was talking with some people and the futures trade on wall street have a great deal to do with the price of gas. They can set the cost on a whim and that affects everyone in the production process. try removing it from the futures trading on the stack market for a year and see what that does. the only people that hurts are the brokers who can make $45,000.00 in a 1 week period. Don't cry for them they will find a way to fleece someone else retirement funds or something like that.

Mike S.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Here's a novel idea. Use less gas!

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How many of you are driving big Pick Up's or SUV's? Maybe it's time to make a change? I'm thinking about it, are you?

6. shot410ga

jbbor: If you think gas is going down anytime soon, well, good luck. I spent 25 years in the petroleum industry at the Senior Corporate level, before retiring. The forcast was $6.00 per gallon by 2010. Which brings us up to the rest of the world pricing. And it may be higher because at that time we wern't forcasting China moving so fast into the word market.

7. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Change your driving habits and change your fuel bill. It really is that simple.

Rick

8. pdq

pdq Member

I'm buying my gas at 29 cents a gallon these days. Well, sorta.

I graduated from high school in 1969 and regular gas was 29 cents.

Adjusted for a 6% inflation each year, by the time you get to 2007, you are paying $2.65 / gallon.

So, while my credit card is seeing $2.65, it's no different to me than when it was $0.29 back in 1969. I also made $2.25 cents as a mechanic back then -- that gone up too.

Pete

9. willing

willing Member

Two yrs ago when gas hit 3.00 crude was 76.00 per barrel. Today crude is just above 60.00 a barrel and gas some places is 3.00. Something is wrong here. There is NO shortage.

Bill

10. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

Oil companys are making their profts and Uncle sam and most States are raking in a good haul too. And its all profit for the Goverment they dont have to drill or anything. It all sucks

11. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

The price is high because they can and no one is monitoring them. Visions of ENRON.

tonygrz

12. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

After 30 years of driving sports cars and american muscle cars with a lot of horsepower, I realized I was paying way too much for fuel per month with all the driving (a lot) that I do. I finally bought a 06 VW Jetta with the diesel engine, and couldn't be happier. My friends, seeing all the hot cars I had for years said I was crazy and wouldn't be satisfied with THAT! They were wrong. Not only did I get a very comfortable and quiet car with a lot of room in it, I am getting 40-42 mpg flying! At 80-85mph! If I take it easy, 70-75, I can get 43-44, with one tank at 45.9! I can get almost 700 miles on a tankful.

Loving horsepower for so many years, I thought I would never say this, but MOST american cars have way too much horsepower and that costs us fuel dollars. Recently talking to a guy in Finland, he told me he had a 1.4 liter engine because fuel was over $6 per gallon there, and they can still fly down the major routes. My Jetta with barely 100 hp can do 90 all day and can go way over 110mph if you wanted to, so how much do we really need? Yes, I am still thinking of what performance car I will buy next for some occasionable driving fun, but for every day travelling we should be getting MUCH better fuel mileage. My fuel bill has dropped more than HALF, amd I am enjoying that a lot too!

13. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

I work part time at the local Shell station, primarily to support my ammunition habit. It's an independantly owned station. About twice a week we get a fax or e-mail from Shell telling us what to change our prices to. The bottom line is that we get told what to charge. Don't blame the gas stations, they have very little say in how much they charge. Retail margins on fuel are normally not enough to keep a business afloat, which is why you rarely see a 'service station' any more. Let alone full service. Most gas stations make the majority of their profits from candy bars, pop, and beer.

14. shot410ga

Most of the cost of consumer fuel in other western country's is TAX. Most of the end cost of consumer fuel in the old USA is profit. ERGO: At $6.00 per gallon who does one want to sell their product to, other western country's or the USA where they (oil companies & you, stock owners) are going to make more money? This is the way corporate America think's. This is the way is is. So, don't expect any change in the rising cost of fuel.

15. letts

letts TS Member

When gas was .30 a gal. I was earning .96 per hour, Today I find it much easier to pay $3.00 per gal. Yes I would like cheaper fuel, But I am not ready to ride the bus yet.

16. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Why fight it BUY OIL STOCK my 401K. Sit back and Really don't mind paying for gas now.

Rock

Jim

17. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i drive semi over the road you can find diesel priced as much as 25 cents a gallon difference from one end of a state to the other some times not that far. oklahoma indiana & a few other states don,t put state tax on there fuel at the pump .you pay it at the end of each quarter thru tax credits from states you travel in & purchase more fuel than was necessary for the miles you travveled.in each state yet there fuel is as high or higher than states that put there state tax on the pump price.not so many weeks ago diesel went up nearly 40 cents a gallon while crude stayed nearly the same price per barrel/ anyone who thinks oil people aren,t manipulating oil prices are crazy. & i firmly believe that are oilmen pres. & vice pres are in it up to there ears. dwain b cook

18. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i drive semi over the road you can find diesel priced as much as 25 cents a gallon difference from one end of a state to the other some times not that far. oklahoma indiana & a few other states don,t put state tax on there fuel at the pump .you pay it at the end of each quarter thru tax credits from states you travel in & purchase more fuel than was necessary for the miles you travveled.in each state yet there fuel is as high or higher than states that put there state tax on the pump price.not so many weeks ago diesel went up nearly 40 cents a gallon while crude stayed nearly the same price per barrel/ anyone who thinks oil people aren,t manipulating oil prices are crazy. & i firmly believe that are oilmen pres. & vice pres are in it up to there ears. dwain b cook

19. oz

oz Active Member

the govt. just rattles sabres. said they would take care of the problem last year, yuk, yuk. I guess the only way gas prices will go down is when the stock market crashes again. I hope all the thieves take it in the neck then. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

oilmen jokes