1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gary Schaetzel WGC Club Passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bazooka Joe, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Gary Schaetzel, long time manager of the Waukesha Gun Club passed away 9/17/12 at he age of 67.

Gary was a good friend of mine who was one of the best all around shooters I ever saw. Besides Vic Reinders, Gary also won both the state shoots in trap and skeet in Wisconsin. He was self taught in both disciplines and also taught himself to play golf at which he also excelled.

The funeral is this Sat. from 10-12 @ the Harder funeral home on the corner of Capitol Drive and Barker Road by Sorens Ford.

Rick

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry we have lost another good guy..my sympathies

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

When I was informed of Gary's death it shocked me and caught me off guard. He was a great shooter as well as a great gun club manager. It wasn't long after he stopped working at the gun club that many people realized exactly how much he actually did for the club.

His passing is very sad to me, as he was a good man, and a very good knowledgeable shooter and manager and someone who could teach trap and skeet as few could due by making instruction simple.

In my opinion, he should be seriously considered to be inducted into Wisconsin's Hall of fame.
    Steve Balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.