1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gary & Kay Sherrod

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by awbenz, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I have known Gary and his wife for 20 years. Have done business with him (not shooting related). He is a long time Cotton farmer and well respected in the community.

Does he need the ATA money to travel and shoot. NO. He and his father in law traveled and shot for many years before he was involved in the ATA.

Does he need the ATA to buy him a new gun, NO.

Just for those that don't know them.

Allen

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Don't know him. Is he the guy with the stetson and the 870? Most likely nice people. I wonder: If the ata gave him a new gun, would he accept it? Being that the natives are restless and all.

3. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Allen: Not to oldhead U but have known Gary over 40 years.
    Started shooting with him in Slaton, TX in 69-70. Knew him
    and Father-in-law. U Right. Gary shooting long before
    ATA gun. An alright straight up guy in every respect.

Doyal Duncan

4. Darla

Darla Member

It should be offered and I hope excepted. (This gun thing kills me. I thought it was something everyone knew of. These guys don't just spend 5 years in service to the ATA, more like 20-30 years. I can't remember a shoot without Gary on the classification table, and I'm pretty old.) I've known Gary a long time, and while we disagree from time to time, there has never been any doubt as to his integrity, honesty and good old common sense. I think the world of Gary and Kay (ask Helen about her time in the Lubbock hospital) and hope to see them as often as possible at shoots. His quiet command has diffused many a situation and his knowledge and accessiblity make him one of out greatest assets. I want to say thanks for all the years, almost thirty, that I've worked with him, and hope for many more.

Darla

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Shot with Gary, Dan B., and Neil Crausbay once at the Spring Grand.

Gentlemen all, and a well remembered experience.

The jackals posting drivel on here are strictly to be ignored.

HM

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I do not recall anyone mentioning Gary's name individually, its just that there are a bunch of members who are grossly upset with the way the EC does business, unfortunately or fortunately Gary is on the EC (President) and he therefore gets wrapped up in the bunch probably with or without good reason or any reason at all ... I was glad to see Gary Sherrod become the President after the last few the ATA had, but I am only one of many ... I have met and talked to Gary many times over the years and he always seems to be a "Stand Up" guy which is one reason I was glad to see him get in as President ... I respect Gary far more than I do a bunch of them other guys, thats for damn sure ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

No one can challange Gary's honesty or desire to try and do the best for the ATA. By the way, did anyone notice that he was the VETERAN WINNER in the HIGH OVER-ALL at the Grand beating the fat guy from Jersey? AJ

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I'am not sure how long Gary and I have known each other now. We became more acquainted when we were both delegates. He has never been anything but friendly and curtious to me and those that were around and near us. He is a valuable asset to the trapshooting world.

As for the gun thing. Obviously those that are b*tc#ing have absolutely zero clue to the time consuming comittment that being a delegate and EC member holds. The present price of this gift maybe alittle excessive but they darn sure earn it!

9. blacklab

blacklab Member

Just tell the IRS about it on a form 1099 and all is well by me.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gary is a fine person who has devoted much of his life to promoting trapshooting. All of us owe him a debt. Yes, Texshooter, Gary is an excellent shot.

Pat Ireland

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

There are many fine people in the ATA. It's to bad that some choose to label them as a collective bunch of buffoons. They have been call the "Good Ole Boys" by many and again nobody can give a definition of what that is other than bad.

For the good of the ATA I hope the Sherrod's of the world keep stepping up.

Thank you Gary & Kay for your sacrifices for the good of the ATA.

Don

12. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

No one makes home made ice cream like Kay.....

13. Darla

Darla Member

Karla, second that. She's famous for it. Darla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.