1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gary at Sparta WalMart says HI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Aug 9, 2013.

1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I had to visit my favorite WalMart in Sparta. Gary stepped right up and gave me a hand finding the Federal shells I wanted. Good shells. Good price. Excellent service.

Larry

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Yep, looks like a government sponsored ammo shortage to me! Obama sent it all to Illinois! :) Mark

3. Cray

Cray Member

$78.00 a flat for AA'S??? Cray

4. bjc682

bjc682 Member

No wonder there are no shells anywhere else in the US. Their all there in Sparta.

Everyone, Have a great Grand American.

Bart

5. 6chuter

6chuter Member

Are there any Remington shells at the WalMart?

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Finally a WalMart sporting goods manager who knows how to stock a store. Wish my local store knew how to stock shells.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I've had 5 flats of AA's on backorder for the last 3 months. I can see why now.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yes Remington STS, Nitro and Federal Gold Medal are all in stock including Federal Papers.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thankyou Gary, keep up the good work ... My, being a stock holder in the Company that is the Largest Retailer in the World makes me proud that people like you are on the pay roll ... Oh and shooters, thanks for your support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Reminds me of when I was in the components business back in 2008 & 2009. Obama surge hit and even though I was a dealer, I couldn't get anything. All the shells and most components were going to the "big time" dealers. If anyone thought that the WalMart in Sparta wouldn't have pallets upon pallets of shells by Grand American time; well, I would say you were living in a fairy tale world.

The Big 3 ammo makers would not burn WalMart. I was glad to see the shells. I bought 10 flats there Wednesday.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gary(Sparta Sporting Goods Manager) keeps a nice stock of shotgun shells year around. Of course they don't have near the amount out that they do during Grand time. He also has done an awesome job keeping pistol and rifle ammo of various calibers as well as guns in stock throughout this whole hoarding/shortage mess. This said, we still were left searching for the elusive .22LR of any great amount.

12. Yacht

Yacht TS Member

Hi everyone , why buy 4 pk. they are the same as top guns at 57.00 a flat ,thank you all that come and see me . Gary

13. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Got my 10 flats thanks Gary,,,,MX8Dave