1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrison Green redux

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpsr6, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Well it seems we have been here before with a GG thread but I have not seen anything commented on lately so here I go. Our Club has had around 8 bags of hulls laying on our grounds for MONTHS now, so long that the white bags have began to deteriorate ( ie see we are going to have to re-bag or clean them up again).

This would be our second load that we have prepared for GG having not heard anything back since they picked up the first load of bags from us for which we have not heard a status on credit merchandise etc... Are these guys out of the business? was this thing a big flop??? Same old story according to the person at our club assigned to deal with GG: calls and e mails made no response, since I haven't seen any activity here about them I am wondering if we just didn't get the memo that it is a dead program and we should do something else with out empties.

Vic S

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thats exactly why I did not go with the program

3. JRANDALL1

JRANDALL1 Member

Sort papers out, deprime and burn. Sift brass from the ashes and sell the brass.

4. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

The Kingsburg Gun Club used them for last season. They shipped the bags out timely and responded to all of my emails. They picked up 13 full bags of empty hulls from the club with a UPS truck. All at no cost to our club. I have not been in touch with them since last year but haven't needed to?

Gary Beer

5. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

We just got bags from them! I sincerely hope this program takes flight and works out. We intend to return the bags via the whiteflyer delivery truck ... and I hope this option works better than arranged pick-up.

6. KGUN

KGUN TS Member

AT this point I can care less about the program. I would just like them to pick up what we have so we don't have to pay to get rid of them. As far as growing pains go, that's fine and I understand but they have no excuse for not returning phone calls or emails. At the very least their customer service skills suck. I've been in business for over 15 years and if I ever treated my customers that way I wouldn't have stayed in business very long. At least call and give us some bullshit story,by ignoreing us sends the message that they can care less.
    Angelo

7. saltman

saltman TS Member

I also have called Mac twice, got his voicemail both times and "NO RESPONSE"? Salty

8. FRO

FRO Member

Our club just started with this program in 2012. We filled 8 bags,and when we ordered targets we made a couple phone calls.When White Flyer delivered targets they took 8 bags with them.It worked just like we were told it would.I hope this works out for other clubs.I was amazed with how fast we filled up the bags,for years we just threw them away.

9. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

Zard,

They send out large bags that you fill with empty hulls. They had an agreement with White Flyer to pick up the full bags on the white Flyer truck when they delivered targets to your club. Their rewards program consisted of benches, gun racks or banners I believe that were made from the recycled plastic. That's what they "paid you with".

We don't use white flyer to deliver our targets, so they arranged for a UPS truck to come pick the hulls up. We paid nothing and were able to recycle 13 bags of hulls.

I also chose not to request a bench or gun rack as payment. We were just happy to go GREEN..

I hope they will be up and running for this season?

GBeer KGC

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

They told me that you had to have a minimum of 5 bags full before they would come for them and the first 2 bags were not counted for credit on benches. Also they said we had to get them on the truck with a forklift which we don`t have at our club so a truck with a lift gate or winch must be used . I`m not sure a tractor trailer can get into our property ? The full bags would weight over 600# . They said they might get another form of truck to use when needed ? I`m just afraid when we get the bags full they may not want them and then we`ll have to dispose of them ourselves .

11. KGUN

KGUN TS Member

Zard you're right it does sound like a win win accept they don't actualy pick the bags up, or call or email or anything for that matter. Dean I agree, I think the program is a great idea. That's why I supported the idea for my club to go ahead with it. But the reality is that we have 8 bags filled to the brim that have been sitting so long that they're starting to fall apart. Their's enough to fill a 15 yd dumpster. I don't know about where you are but in New Jersey that's about $500-$600. Another thing to be aware of is they tell you your White Flyer delivery truck will take the full bags back with them. Well we get a trailer load of targets every couple of weeks and our White Flyer dealer wants nothing to do with this. So we have to wait for GG to arrange for UPS to pick them up. Hopefully someone from GG will see this and contact their customers.
    Angelo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.