1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Garage Floor Covering?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dolphin77, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I'm wanting to finish my garage floor...40 year old concrete, some cracks, oil, dirty...anyone have any experience? or opinions? Thanks WC

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I used the Rustoleum Garage floor epoxy paint in my garage and I've been very happy with it. It's been 10 years of VERY hard use for a residential garage and still is OK.

You can get it at any Home Depot.

3. cementman

cementman Member

Be aware that the existing concrete floor surface has to be perfectly clean to apply any type of covering. The "bond" of the new surface to the existing is critical. Old concrete often has areas of oil that are impregnated into the surface which can cause a real mess of any type of new application.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I did the same as Tron and like it alot .

First it,s a two person job It,s a two person job . One to mix and do the specks . You can,t roll it on and mix to ( no time)

Clean and clean the floor again . Use meratic acid with water then wash it down with water and let dry .

5. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

A good way to clean concrete: 1 Gal CLC Cleaner, rent floor polisher, buy Scotchbrite Pad. Scrub completely until really clean. Return polisher.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Actually it's muriatic acid.

Eric

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Rustoleum kit comes with an acid that you delute with water and it does a good job. The key here IS preparation.

8. Trap4

Trap4 Member

We had the same problem and had Nature Stone installed and wish we would of had it Years ago.

Trap-4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.