1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GANNETT UNDECIDED, RELEASING NAMES/ ROCH,NY

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by oldgahchamp, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I just talked to the Democrat & Chronicle in Rochester, NY. This is where the mighty Gannett Co started. I told Dick Moss that if they released names in this area of 35000 or more pistol permits, I hoped they would lose thousands of subscribers also. He told me they were undecided as to whether or not to publish the names of permit holders. I asked him if he or the Editor had signs in front of their homes saying they had NO GUNS inside. He said no. All of us New Yorkers have got to burn the phone lines with calls and emails to our Representatives and let them know how we feel. Governor Cuomo is going to try to eliminate as many types of guns as he can. Remind them that they took an Oath to uphold the Constitution of the State of New York and the United States. Larry Evans

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm a Marylander Larry...but it might get more reaction rolling if you can publish the names and ph#'s of those that you called and suggested to call here that those who might not otherwise take the time, will have them at their fingertips and act on your recommendation..I agree with you that they having anything to do with this need to hear loud and long whats so messed up about this

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I called the Data Desk, 545-258-9770 and was transferred to Mr. Moss. After a lot of calling (and biting my tongue) I obtained the toll free number for Gannett's Customer Service. 800-790-9565. They are located in Kentucky. I think their phone ID is set up to recognize what area ot the country you are calling from, but the girl I talked to was of NO help. I politely told her what I thought of Gannett and then said goodby. Larry

4. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Correction. I believe the Gannett business was started in Elmira NY. Current paper there is the Elmira Star Gazette. ed nichols

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.